“What happened to the service?”
Review of Corner Cafe

Corner Cafe
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York, USA
“What happened to the service?”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our first trip to Newport and the rave reviews brought us to this quaint little restaurant.
Nice atmosphere, cute little place...expecting the rest to go smoothly. Nope.
Our waiter was very busy...with the woman at the counter...shmoozing...flirting...really doesnt matter.Had to ask someone else to help us threee different times.
The food...My wife's omelette was fabulous, my eggs were way overcooked...delicious hashbrowns and good coffee.
Oh yeah...did I mention the service just made the experience awful. and make sure you ask for real butter for your toast. The stuff they put on the toast smelled like chemical butter......

1 Thank Alan R

Boston, Massachusetts
“Go here for brunch! Or lunch, or dinner. Just go!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I saw this place on TripAdvisor and had to try it as I'm a lover of all things breakfast. It's a great little spot with great service. Their menu alone deserves a prize for having so many options available for lunch/brunch. As much as I wanted to try their Rustica French Toast (look it up!) I decided to be healthy and get a salad. I ordered the Lyn's Strawberry Salad which was excellent, and helped me forget I wasn't getting any bacon. I had a hankering for french fries so I got a side order, thus negating my "healthy" lunch, but they were worth it. The perfect shoe-string fries! I wish I could come here every weekend and order something different.

1 Thank JaimeLeighBarn
“Wootens!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here since i moved 4 years ago. Not a regular but i have been here at least 6 times- all have been great. My aunt is a local and she brought me here and said you have to try the wootens french toast. Its still what i drive from bristol for. If you havent been, you need to!

• Visited May 2013
“Should be ranked #1 on this list”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in this quaint breakfast cafe on our recent trip to newport, and were not disappointed. The decor is welcoming and warm, as is the staff. There is a large menu selection as well. I ordered the vermont omelette, and my wife got the western burrito. Both were delicious and filling, so much that my wife insisted that we come back the next morning. The side of potatoes will be nothing like you ever tasted. Do yourself a favor and don't miss this place on your next visit!

NewYork
“Exellent breakfast!!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped at Corner Cafe on Sunday morning around 10.30am. Had to wait about 25 min and I must say it was worth the wait. I ordered Dodgy Bob omelet and It was one of the best omelets i ever had. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013