“Wootens!”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Portuguese, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here since i moved 4 years ago. Not a regular but i have been here at least 6 times- all have been great. My aunt is a local and she brought me here and said you have to try the wootens french toast. Its still what i drive from bristol for. If you havent been, you need to!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in this quaint breakfast cafe on our recent trip to newport, and were not disappointed. The decor is welcoming and warm, as is the staff. There is a large menu selection as well. I ordered the vermont omelette, and my wife got the western burrito. Both were delicious and filling, so much that my wife insisted that we come back the next morning. The side of potatoes will be nothing like you ever tasted. Do yourself a favor and don't miss this place on your next visit!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped at Corner Cafe on Sunday morning around 10.30am. Had to wait about 25 min and I must say it was worth the wait. I ordered Dodgy Bob omelet and It was one of the best omelets i ever had. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I like a place that has a sign that says, "Please wait to be seated." I hate it when you walk in and awkwardly look around to see if the staff will tell you where to sit or if you should just seat yourself. The downside was there was a hostess who was also waitressing the day we were there and so the other waitress didn't feel it was her job to greet, smile or speak to those waiting to be acknowledged so she would walk by and ignore them. We didn't get that treatment as we beat the crowd in but it was a bit awkward to watch people just waiting for someone to give them a "be right with you."

The funny thing was that waitress was nice as she waited on us! My husband ordered a special that came with potatoes that he said were the best he ever had so that was wonderful! It was an Eggs Benedict dish (I don't remember exactly what it was called). I ordered egg whites on a bagel and that was good too.

It's a small place that can have a wait but it's good solid food that I would recommend if you are in the area. I wouldn't go out of my way for it but would definitely return.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast and loved it. The place was a bit crowded and we arrived with a stroller. We were seated immediately in a side area with a lot of room. We ordered two different types of French toast, both great. Large cups of coffee and our server was friendly and checked on us several times. This place should definitely be on your restaurant list when visiting Newport!