“Watch Your Wallet” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inns of Newport

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Inns of Newport
Ranked #41 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Enfield, Connecticut
“Watch Your Wallet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This inn has a lot of charm and a great location. The staff is mostly excellent but one of the managers seems to have a problem with greed. We made a last minute decision to stay in Newport. Stopping by the office we were greeted by a very nice person who let us look at available rooms and mentioned the prices of $179 and $209, After looking at the rooms we went back and another gentleman was now running the desk. He was trying to convince us that he was giving us a great deal at $209 or $249 and to keep it quite if discussing with the other guest.
Really? For $40 this guy is allowed to ruin the reputation of what could be a great group of inns. I don't know the management or ownership or structure but someone needs to have a talk with this guy and for the rest its a "buyer beware".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RK2010Red

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I visited Aug 14 & 15 from western Massachusetts. Delightful experience . The staff was friendly and helpful. The inn is an easy walk to shops, harbour and historic streets since I use a cane this was important. Charming atmosphere with a generous full breakfast or a continental breakfast. The four 18th centruy houses were on a nice historic street. I recommended this inn to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Evanston, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I knew from my very first conversation with Rick Farriack, that we had made the right choice among all of the B&B options in Newport. I gave him our dates of stay, the type of room and the price range we were hoping for and he responded that there would be no problem and he would take care of us upon our arrival. Like others, he gave us a choice of rooms and the first on exactly meet our needs....no reason to look further. The room was very clean and comfortably and probably most important, the air conditioner worked like a champ, as we arrived during a very hot spell.
Great location, short walk to resturants, including Starbucks (important to my wife), also shopping, art galleries, etc.
The thing I really enjoyed, was just walking around the neighborhood, taking in all of the historical structures, many of which have been lovingly restored I look forward to returning when I have more time to explore

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cromwell, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Clarkston and loved it. We spoke to Rick on the phone and was told that we could pick whatever room was available when we came. He suggested a room that was just lovely so we took the first room we looked at. It had a gorgeous king size sleigh bed and two seperate sinks in the marble bathroom. Everything was lovely and the staff were very nice. The room came with breakfast which was a plus. The best part of all is that we could walk anywhere downtown that we wanted and we had off street parking! A lovely stay at a great price! I would definitely go back!
Linda K. CT

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We travel a lot and stay at all types of hotels - usually 4 - 5 stars. Newport has become a favourite destination for weekend getaways and sailing regattas. Inns of Newport is a traditional B&B with comfortable, clean rooms with all the basic amenities you need. This is definitely not a Four Seasons resort but it is the perfect place if you are looking for something charming with a New England feel. The location is fantastic with an easy walk to shopping, restaurants and Bannister's wharf. Rick is always generous and attentive to us and makes us feel like a special guest. He makes a point of remembering guest's names and choosing the best room for your needs. The staff work hard to keep the hotel running smoothly and to ensure a good experience. We will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I love Newport and have stayed in many wonderful upscale B&B's. This time we decided to try something Very affordable. As is my custom I spoke directly to the Hotel and asked some basic questions after seeing the properties on the Internet...Rich was very professional and friendly and offered me a choice of rooms. He claimed I could chose any room I wanted when we arrived. This seemed too good to be true but it was not....when we arrived and checked in, we decided we would rather have a different room and asked to see what was available. Turns out we got the Admirals Room in the Farragut Inn. Probably the largest room we ever had in Newport.
Do you want to walk 2 blocks to the best restaurants in Newport? And pay half price? Rich told me he believes in having a full house at half price rather than a half filled house at full price...GOOD THINKING.
Breakfast was great for anyone who loves eggs...French toast...or pancakes skillfully prepared and delicious. Not fancy...just good!
Oh, and by the way, the person who wrote about a cat smell...there are no pets allowed...what they were smelling is a plant that grows in the area.

Big pluses are numerous parking lots and once you find your favorite room...Rich will have it ready when you get there....NO problems. These are not properties in disrepair...they are being improved every day...I can't wait till my next stay

Room Tip: We liked the rooms with the wide floorboards
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken R
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

There are 5 inns to choose from on a first come, best choice basis. I liked the concept of being able to have choices. The room was "serviceable". Small, the bed took up the entire room, small closet that a chair blocked from closing. The bathroom was up to date but the shower rod was tension held and fell on me. No air conditioning. We were on the 3rd floor in May and the room was hot. I can't imagine going there is summer months.
I had a Groupon rate, so I was fine, but would have been sorely disappointed if I'd paid rack rate.
The location, however, is wonderful- 1 block from Thames St, which is the heart of the town. It was great to be able to run in and out of town without driving.

Room Tip: Getting there early will help you have more choices of which inn and room you can get. Higher floor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family