$599
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
America's Cup Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$309
$269
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 07/24
$477
$343
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $440/night.

Newport Marriott(Newport)
$261
Agoda.com
$239
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $271/night.

$303
$750
$835
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

Rick is a sneaky businessman. Lied about the property parking cost etc etc. assume no parking if he tells you there is. Assume a disgusting room if he tells you it's renovated. Assume to be taken for a ride. We mentioned to him the poor reviews before booking- And he said oh don't believe those things. Well believe this one. It's the pits. Bugs everywhere and you'll be sharing a room with more than bugs...

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank dga456
Reviewed May 27, 2015

My wife, myself and our 3rd grade son stayed over the Memorial Day weekend on the top floor. We were scared a little by the bad reviews but desperate considering the last minute decision to go to Newport. Turned out staff was very good calling us on the road at 2am without prompting to make sure we were not lost, room was a good size for the three of us and the room had a comfortable king bed and perfect location. Good experience.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Jkosman1
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here with friends Memorial Day weekend 2013 (Friday - Monday) and it was an awful experience. The owner moved us to another location (he owns 6 different locations) to accommodate a 3rd person in our group but failed to tell us that it wasn't in the same location as the other 5 properties and was farther away from America's Cup Avenue and Thames Street. We stayed at the Elm Street Inn on 36 Elm Street. The kitchen was filthy. Crumbs on the kitchen table and dirty dishes in the sink were present everyday b/c it was never cleaned up by staff the entire weekend. We were never told when we first checked in that breakfast wasn't served at that location. We were informed the following day that we had to walk a half mile to the other locations to receive our complimentary breakfast. Doesn't a bed and breakfast serve breakfast on the premises and it is not what guests pay for? Why would a legit business advertise this location as a bed and breakfast if this was not the case? This is just one of the many examples of false advertising. The owner tried to make it up to us by getting coffee delivered in the morning which he told us was available after the fact. I ordered it for 9am on Monday and it wasn't there until 9:30am so I had to call and ask. The staff had no idea that we ordered it even though the owner said "he would personally deliver it." He ended up taking the day off on that day which was checkout day for Memorial Day Weekend. How convenient!!! Saturday we came back to our room to see that the beds were not turned over, no new towels, very little tissues and toilet paper in our room. We did not get that until Sunday even though this should be the daily job of the staff. I had to ask for these tasks to be completed. Paint was peeling on the walls and ceiling. The floors were dirty and had holes in them. I called the owner the week I got home and after talking for a few minutes about the issues, he had to take another call and ultimately we never spoke again even though I left a message for him to call me back. I would not give this person/property any more money. Our accommodations cost $250 per night for 3 people and it wasn't worth it at all!!! This was not a bed and breakfast as advertised. This was a filthy, ignored boarding house property. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank TraceyB164
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was looking for a last minute one night room in Newport and ended up here. The Inns of Newport reception person worked with us to find something and was very honest in saying it was a very small room and the last one they had. However, the rest of the description is what I want to tell. The Elm Street Inn does have several rooms and I can only speak for the one we had which was at the back of the house and was entered from the kitchen. The room had no charm. The door to the room had duct tape on it to cover up some large cracks. The sink was tiny, yet functional. The shower was large and had good water temp and pressure. Could use some more towel rods or hooks.

The location was good and an easy walk to all the heart of town. The price seemed high, but this is Newport and everything is over priced. Breakfast was at another associated inn and was more than a five minute walk. Breakfast was OK but nothing to brag about.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2010

If you want an extremely unpleasant experience, then you should definitely make a reservation here! The room pictured on the website is quite beautiful, but in reality, it is a nightmare. When we checked in, we were expecting a lovely suite to accommodate myself and my daughters, but what we found was quite the opposite! Pictured on the room's photo was a beautiful canopy bed with quilt and matching curtains, lovely armoire, coffee table with flowers, and clean, inviting surroundings. Did the room itself look like this in any way? Definitely NOT! The dresser drawers were broken, the lamps did not work, the bed had no quilt, the bathroom was not clean,and the trundle bed had a metal frame which literally made my legs bleed when I constantly ran into it due to lack of space. Breakfast was not on the premises, and this was never explained to us when we made the reservation. One evening our room was not cleaned until 9:30pm, and that was after numerous calls to management. Lesson learned..............do not trust photos on the website. You will be SORRY!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family