“Wonderful Time”
other travelers have booked this property
kitchen entrance foyer
full bath
private deck
bedroom
powder room
living room with queen sized sleep sofa
sunset over the harbor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jolene S
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed August 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My husband, daughter and 2 granddaughters had the best time ever! The condo was clean, spacious and in an excellent location. We were able to walk to the beaches, mansions and all the shops. Can't wait to do it again, thanks Janice

Aug 16, 2017
Our pleasure; we look forward to hosting you & your party in the future! Janice
503deb
Apalachin, New York
“Charming rental in a great locataion”
Reviewed July 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband, son and daughter-in-law and I enjoyed a delightful 4-night stay in this home. The location was perfect for us - walking distance to the Cliff Walk, beach, and the tennis Hall of Fame, which was key for us as we came to attend the tennis tournament. The setting is in a lovely, quiet part of town, and the rental space was large enough for us all to spread out and have our own space as well as enjoying each other's company. Although we didn't do any cooking, the kitchen was well-equipped, and we appreciated having the use of the washer-dryer. My husband, who was having some back problems, enjoyed using the jacuzzi in the very spacious bathroom. We would have liked to have a bit more lighting, and the master BR air conditioner was not working - however we didn't mention this to the owner, as the overhead fan was adequate. Janice was friendly and accessible, and offered lots of helpful tips for restaurants and things to do in the area.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Aug 1, 2015
Happy you enjoyed; please return. Btw, checked out the master bedroom a/c and found it working just fine; the only thing I can think of is that perhaps you plugged it into a non-working outlet; safe and happy travels!
Elaine926
North Billerica, Massachusetts
“Quiet & Comfortable.”
Reviewed July 26, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed at this Victorian in Newport and it was really nice. We had a wonderful time. The owner Janice was very nice and very helpful giving us ideas on where some great places to eat. She also advised us on the beach that is a 5 minute walk away. The Mansions were close by too. It was a lovely time. Would love to go back again and stay.

Traveling group: Friends
Jul 26, 2015
This was a lovely group of ladies here to experience Newport for the first time for most of them. They told me that they wished they had more time in our town; they are most welcome to return for another visit; I wish them safe and happy travels!
JMMesq
New York
“Great location but otherwise disappointing”
Reviewed October 12, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This condo/coop within a restored Victorian house is in a great location near beaches and town. The neighborhood is quiet and there is a great secluded deck. The owner met us upon arrival and was friendly and helpful. As other reviewers have noted, the refrigerator was stocked with sparkling water and fresh fruit.

The owner told us upon arrival on Saturday that she had turned off the hot water in the kitchen sink because it was leaking but that her husband could come on Tuesday to fix it if we wanted. She also told us that we would need to leave the front door of the unit open one day during the week because of painting mandated by the coop board. She assured us that she would meet the painters when they arrived at 8 a.m.

At our request her husband fixed the sink, and also replaced about 6 lightbulbs we told them were out, and provided a mattress pad for one of the beds. We didn't complain about the following because these things couldn't be fixed during our stay. The unit is run down and not well equipped for a vacation rental. One bathroom sink was rusty. There is mildewed grout in the other bathroom sink and the kitchen sink. There is mildew on the walls in the full bathroom, and electrical outlets hanging out of the wall. The bed in the smaller bedroom is listing. We discovered on our last day that the headboard is broken and propped up with a large rock which is why the bed slopes. The wallpaper in the bathrooms is peeling. The oven is dirty. There are no cooking utensils except for one old spatula. The fan over the stove doesn't work. The only comfortable seat in the living room is a very nice leather couch. The other three chairs and stool are interesting looking but very uncomfortable collectables. The dining room is so dark that it is almost useless. There is one outlet with a floor lamp, and no windows. In the master bedroom, the closet and one of the dressers smell so badly of mothballs that we could not put clothes in them.
The owner did not come as promised to meet the painters. She texted me, and when I didn't respond she called me to ask me to let the painters in.
We've enjoyed many vacation rentals over the years, including in Newport, and this was our first disappointment.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 15, 2014
This review is so full of exaggerations, half truths and outright untruths, that I really don't know where to begin but I will touch upon the most glaring misstatements. There are no hanging outlets; nor is there mildew. Mothballs have never been used. The sink in the 1/2bath is antique. The dining room has wall sconces and a lamp which create the desired ambiance; it is not meant to be brightly lit. Unfortunately some of the work in the building which has been ongoing was to take place with little advance notice during this stay. I absolutely did, as promised come by at 8:00 A.M. and meet with the painters; I sent a text to the guest in order to preserve their privacy. We offered to fix the leak (which had just happened)at the guest's convenience. The kitchen has pots, pans, and a variety of cooking utensils. We bent over backwards to satisfy this guest's requests (and they made many) and are disappointed that our efforts were not appreciated. The only thing that I can say is that other guests have been pleased with their experience as evidenced by reviews on this site and others. I am sorry that this was not the case here.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed September 13, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Sep 16, 2014
wonderful guests, a pleasure to host and meet; so happy that they enjoyed their time in Newport. Hope to see them another time
Dstuffs
“Outdated, so cluttered and uncomfortable”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

The condo could be absolutely stunning. However the condo is overflowing with clutter. There are soooooo many knicknacks everywhere including on the outside deck. It felt dirty and dusty. The beds are uncomfortable as well. The livingroom does not have a tv or a comfortable place to sit and relax after a long day walking around Newport. A lot of the fixtures and outlets were not working as well. The windows also did not shut all the way so there was a concern about safety. One of the remotes for the tv in the first bedroom did not work. The positive things are you can bring your dog, there is ample parking for guests and it is a bike ride away from the Cliff Walk, Atlantic Beach Club and First Beach.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 28, 2014
I sensed from the start that there might be a problem with these guests. I message each guest with detailed instructions as to how to easily access the property. I ask that they give me an approximate time of arrival and that they also contact me 10 minutes before arrival so that I can be at the property to greet them and hand over the keys. These guests did none of this. When they arrived there was an electrician in the kitchen finishing up for the day; a city mandated fire alarm system was in the process of being installed in the building, a project which we had been given only a few days prior notice. When I told the guest that they had to wait a few minutes so that I could check that the place was ready, she was visibly annoyed. I am sorry that the guest did not like the decor; others disagree. The pictures are accurate showing the antiques which the guest should have expected.The space is not dirty or dusty; it is professionally cleaned between bookings. Also, I double check after the cleaner leaves. They stayed for 5 nights and since I do not supply housekeeping, some dust may accumulate. The beds are quite comfortable; additionally, the bed in the master bedroom has a Tempurpedic pillow top which covers the entire mattress. It is true that the living room does not have a T.V. but there are 3 T.V's in the apartment, one in each bedroom and one in the kitchen. The one in the master bedroom has a DVR player; movies are provided. There is a radio/CD player as well; tapes are provided. The living room has several places to sit including a large leather sleep sofa, 3 chairs, one with a footstool, a hassock and a leather stool making the room very relaxing and comfortable. All of the fixtures and outlets work; the guest was told, as are all guests that since the building is historic not to plug another appliance into the air conditioner lines. They did not heed this and tripped a breaker which we had to flip back after they left. All windows go up and down easily. The non-working remote needed a battery. The guests never communicated any concerns during the 6 days that they were there; most of the things mentioned could have certainly been addressed. The guests left and messaged me that that they had gone; most guests wait to be checked out or at least say good-bye; this was not the case. This guest had an unpleasant demeanor from the beginning as if nothing would please her; I would not recommend these guests to other hosts.
QuinnGo
Boston, Massachusetts
“A charming house in the perfect location!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

The apartment was very spacious and included all amenities that might be necessary to make the perfect stay. The furniture and decorations were unique and tasteful, giving the house character and charm. We went with a group of girls for a bachelorette weekend, and our favorite part of the house was the deck in the back. It was the perfect size and allowed us to enjoy being outside in the evenings! There was plenty of parking space, whether it was in the driveway or out on the street.

The apartment was perfectly located within walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants, and was a 5-10 minute walk to the beach!

Janice, the owner, was extremely helpful from the start of the booking process all the way up until checkout. She offered advice on which restaurants to try and beaches to go to. She made herself very available to us and was a wonderful woman to work with. She even provided us with coffee, sparkling water, etc. upon arrival!

Overall, we had a very enjoyable weekend and I would recommend this location to anyone, whether it be a family or a girls weekend getaway!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 5, 2014
Quinn and her party were a lovely group of young women, respectful of the property and easy to communicate with; it would be my pleasure to have them visit Newport again and stay with me
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing