All reviews plantation room wine and cheese lanai suite blue bay burgundy suite other guests my husband and i off street parking each morning walking distance gas fireplace the location is perfect restaurants and shopping new england downtown newport wonderful stay front porch
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

I spent a wonderful long weekend in a 2 bedroom remodeled space with living and dining areas with views of Newport Harbor. The staff and food was truly great. The Inn is located in the heart of Newport . Walk to shops and restaurants and everything else you can imagine. This inn very well maintained. It is worth the stop and has private parking so book the Captains Quarters.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2016

I stayed at the Almondy for two nights in the Lanai Suite. The unit was clean, comfortable and quiet despite the fact that the Inn is steps away from the very busy downtown. The blow up bed I requested was in the room when I arrived, as promised. The front porch was a nice place to watch the world go by. I could have sat there longer, but there was too much to do. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and I can't say enough about the friendly and gracious Claudette.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

This is our second trip to Newport. My wife and I stayed at the Almondy Inn for five days and enjoyed the great location. We are very nautical and the owners were very informative about the Newport boating activities. Would recommend highly.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2016

We have been repeat visitors to the Almondy Inn over the past six or so years and have been very pleased with each of our stays. it's a wonderful, comfy, and homey place with a great location for any Newport activities. This past February, the longtime innkeepers Evelyne & Herber Valkenberg sold the property to spend more time with their grandchildren. I hope the new owners are able to maintain the same quality we have enjoyed, but in my experience, there is no substitute for the quality and care that taken by an owner-operator of a B&B.

Room tip: Beware rooms facing harbor/One Pelham as nightclub music can go late
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sailor279
Reviewed June 18, 2016

First an admission: if you relish the 'personal touch' of a B&B where the owner is in residence, the Almondy Inn isn't for you. But if you like the charm of a B&B without the owner hovering about, this is the perfect place. Centrally located - with in walking distance of most attractions. Nice continental breakfast. Comfortable, antique-furnished rooms. And remarkably quiet (both from the street and room-to-room). Plus off-street parking (which is important in Newport). We loved it so much we're planning to go back again!

Room tip: Except for the 'townhouse' room, none have great views - but you're only a 1/2 block from Thames street
Date of stay: June 2016