“Wonderful anniversary weekend..”
Review of Almondy Inn

Almondy Inn
Ranked #16 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I spent our 10 year anniversary at this beautiful bed and breakfast and had a fabulous weekend. The Almondy was an excellent choice. Not only is the location perfect for seeing all of Newport's best attractions; it was also extremely comfortable and welcoming. We stayed in the Blue Bay Room and it was perfect for us. We had plenty of room. Evelyn is lovely and made us feel right at home. Breakfast was delicious every morning. Everything was extremely clean. I raved about our weekend when I got home. I would definitely stay again. Thanks Evelyn!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had to take a last minute trip to Newport to visit with my brother who lives local and was sick.During this visit we found out my other brother had died. Evelyn was the most gracious host during this difficult time and everything about my stay was first class and the room was impeccable. Evelyn- if you are reading this - Thank you for everything !! - and for helping me out a little on the price as well... I really had all the comforts of my own home .. hope to stay again sometime and will bring the wife..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Almondy, Owner at Almondy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

So glad you stayed with us, and you are very welcome indeed. Hope you'll be able to come back one day. Thanks so much for the positive review and remarks,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Almondy Inn has much to recommend it, not the least of which is its charming innkeeper, Evelyne. She consistently found the sweet spot between elusive and intrusive, and never failed to make us feel welcome.

Although our two night stay was in one of the more economically priced rooms, it was sufficiently spacious, had a gas fireplace, and best surprise of all -- a view of the harbor. But really best of all was that it was immaculately clean, as was the entire Inn.

Another plus is the Inn's location. It's only about a half block off Thames St., and a pleasant walk to Bellevue. We also appreciated the Inn's free parking.

Oh, yes . . and then there's the great breakfast. . . . Stop looking -- just stay at The Almondy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Room -- harbor view as well as a sunset.
1  Thank D0ntFenceMeIn
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Many of the reviews in TripAdvisor were spot on in describing this quaint, warm and charming B&B in Newport. First let me say that I am not a B&B person. My wife had to coax me into staying in one, as I had booked the Hyatt for our two night stay in Newport. However, as usual, my wife's decision was correct. I read practically every review from every B&B at my disposal....about a week of research, I might say. After reading all reviews in TripAdvisor, I choose the Almondy Inn's Burgundy Suite on their first floor. The room was spacious, (decorated in beautiful antiques) with its separate room with sofa, tables, chairs and wardrobe cabinet. It even provided for access into the bathroom from that room as well as the bedroom, which I liked. I have to tell you that the bed afforded me probably the best sleep I have had in close to 40 years......I kid you not. You will just have to try it, to prove me wrong.

A few things that I have not mentioned is that the location of this B&B could not have been better. It is only yards from the wharf district and probably only 300 yards walking distance from one of the best fish restaurants in Newport....Mooring Restaurant. The other greatest asset this B&B has is the proprietor, Evelyne. She is one of the warmest, most intelligent and thoughtful people I have met. Not to mention one of the best cooks around. She fixed up two of the best gourmet breakfasts we have had in many years. There is just something special about good company, great food and great ambience to endear that time and place and make it one of our best vacations. Oh, did I forget to mention the wine and cheese serving from 5:00 pm to 6:00.

I hope you get to try out this awesome B&B and enjoy it as much as we did. Also, I heard the little bit of noise coming from next door that many reviewers mentioned. It really did not keep us from totally enjoying ourselves. If a little (insignificant) noise bothers you, there are always earplugs, but that bed will just lull you to sleep, so not to worry.

Room Tip: The Burgundy Room was very spacious and most comfortable. There is a spa tub in the bathroom, you m...
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful weekend at the Almondy Inn. From the moment we arrived, free parking on site, Evelyn did everything she could to make it a special stay. The Burgundy suite was beautiful with the most comfortable bed and the softest silky sheets. Although it was spring, it was a chilly weekend and so nice to have a fireplace in the room. My only complaint was the food was so good I ate too much for breakfast. The inn is 1/2 block off the main street which was very convenient and suprisingly quiet at night, which was a pleasure. We met the most interesting people from all over the world and had great discussions over wine and cheese at 5 and breakfast in the morning. Hated to go but we'll be back next time we come to Newport.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a B&B that cannot be topped and certainly is the place to stay. Like all reviewers, we give it an outstanding review. We were there April 18-21 of 2013. The décor was wonderful and the rooms were super clean and modern, with at fireplace and a very comfortable shower. The TV was Direct TV HD.

One of the best parts of the visit was the wine and cheese hour (5-6) where we met many interesting people from all over the U.S. and one couple from Sweden.

It is close to everything, with ample parking on Inn property. It is five minute drive to the mansions on Bellevue Avenue.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 8th anniversary, and our 1st mini-vacation away from our children. We were seeking rest, relaxation, and a little pampering, and that's just what our two night stay at the Almondy in Newport provided us with! We stayed in room 4, The Sunset Room. it has THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I've ever slept in! (I made it a point to make time for a nap on our second day.) The gas fireplace and views of the water added to the relaxation factor. I spent a lot of time in Newport in my younger days, and was really surprised to see that the Almondy was located right behind the Pelham...where a decade ago I spent many a night dancing into the wee hours of the night! We stayed at the Almondy mid-week, and didn't hear a peep from the club. My husband and I enjoyed amazing meals for lunch and dinner in near by restaurants (22 Bowens, The Mooring, Fluke and The Landing), and our breakfasts at the Almondy were par with these great restaurants! My husband and I loved the Cuban coffee, fresh fruit, and delicious pastries and egg dishes! Just being able to walk downstairs and be served...and then not having to clean up...would have been enough to make us happy, but the breakfasts were really scrumptious! We enjoyed chatting with Evelyn and the other guests at breakfast. We never made it to the 5:00 wine and cheese, but we used the house ice chest to fill the ice bucket (provided) and popped our own wine in it....which worked for us! We got just what we needed from our 2 night get-away at the Almondy!