“Good prices for good amount of food”
Review of The Wharf Pub

The Wharf Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wharf Pub is a Gastric Style Pub with Comfort Food. Under new ownership as of December of 2012. Open 7 days per week for dinner at 5pm. Lunch served on the weekends at 12pm. Outdoor seating available in the Summer. Located in downtown Newport close to shopping, hotels and parking.
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good prices for good amount of food”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me and my wife were looking for a place to snack before our next activity and stop here to share a bucket of potato wedges I was expecting a small side of them but instead we got a large bucket literally filled top to bottom we almost couldn't finish all of them waitress was friendly enough to get the job done though we literally had to ask for every single thing including every refill,

Troy, Michigan
“Good Pub Offerings”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am so happy that I rely on Tripadvisor rather than Yelp for advice. When there is a rating difference, I Believe TA. I think the average Tripadvisor must have more experience and perspective.

After a day of driving/walking around time, we stopped for lunch. This place was a few dollars cheaper than the average Newport marina area place. They have a great beer menu...lots of New England choices and more exotic brews as well. It also has a good wine list. I had a glass of a sparkling wine. I don't recall what, but it was refreshing and not too sweet.

There were also a number of seafood choices, especially oysters. I opted for a burger. It was good sized (1/2 lb.?) and prepared to my specs. It had a homemade mayo. It was good, but I should have asked for it on the side. It was served with a large portion of thick cut fries which were also perfectly done. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich. It was prepared with a fair amount of jalepeno. It also had slaw on the sandwich...could have had a bit more. It did not make it too spicy, but the flavor was really not to my taste.

Service was amiable but a bit slow and inept. I can imagine service being worse if they were busy. The place was quiet this October weekend. Overall, very satisfied. Nice pub atmosphere inside, though it is a little dark.

“Good Food and Drinks”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is nice restaurant. Food was great especially the raw bar. There was also live music which was little loud. Had a great time. Good selection of beer

• Visited May 2013
Northern NJ
“Yummy messy pub food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The menu is all about simple pub food deliciously prepared. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Good sauce, yummy slaw(on the sandwich) and super messy! Thank goodness it comes with extra napkins and wet wipes! My husband had a lovely chicken salad sandwich and we both had good draft beer. Pub heaven!

Northwestern CT
“Could have been good”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Got a sample of their seafood chowder while at the Newport visitors center, and it was delicious. When we went to the pub for lunch we sat for 20 minutes with no waiter stopping to take our order. Needless to say we didn't stay to eat. Not sure what happened because it seemed like every other group that was seated near us was promptly attended. We were annoyed, but we assume it was a miscommunication between the waitstaff and the person who seated us. Could we have flagged someone down, yes; but it seemed bewildering that no one stopped despite visiting the tables right next to us.

It might still warrant a visit, just be aware that the service might be slow.