“Exceptional Breakfast in Casual Diner Atmosphere”
Review of Annies

Annies
Ranked #19 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had eggs fatulli (lobster eggs benedict), French toast (sweetbread with strawberries) and homemade corned beef hash. All was very good breakfast fare. Eggs fatulli was exceptional - great lobster and perfectly made hollandaise. Fresh squeezed orange and very good coffee. Remember to bring cash - no CC. I'd call this the near-perfect diner breakfast and better than most upscale hotels for food quality and fresh ingredients.

1  Thank Bob M
There are newer reviews for Annies

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Accept Annies for what what it is, a good storefront, breakfast and lunch diner. If you don't want to be captive of your hotel for breakfast, and fast food/coffee house is not your scene, go to Annies for an American breakfast, brunch or lunch.

Food was above average for American Diner, service attentive, coffee hot and swift. Prices are lower than hotel, but remember costs are higher so prices may be above your hometown eatery.

No credit cards, but an ATM is available. Parking lot across the street. Steps up into dinning room, so beware!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Four of us had lunch. One of us had the lobster roll which was plentiful and came with sweet potato fries and cole slaw. Two of us had baked swordfish with mango salsa and spinach salad- it was very good. The other person had crab cakes and he said it was just ok. The service was good even though the girl admitted to being new. I think the server should've told us ahead of time that they accept cash only (no credit cards) but there is an ATM in the restaurant. I would go back.

1  Thank Donna33804
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I would have to give this place 2.5 stars. The food wasn't terrible although the glasses at our table were dirty when we sat down. I told the waitress and her response was "its from the juice pulp that sticks to the cups". My response "gross!" I was very skeptical after that, although my family decided to stay. I ordered a grilled cheese to be safe and they orderd soup and salad. (If I were by myself I would have walked out). The hostess was rather rude upon arrival. Not sure if its because we needed a highchair or what..but we seemed to be inconveniencing her he moment we walked in the door. There are much better places to dine in Newport. Check out "Peaceables" they have great sandwiches and friendly staff. Ate there the day before.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have had good food here before and on this trip I had a breakfast and lunch there. Love the fresh squeezed orange juice, plenty of coffee refills and quick service with the food. Attentive friendly staff. Cash only no credit cards accepted.

1  Thank starduster32