“A Wonderful Surprise”

One Bellevue Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
One Bellevue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 245 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kay Street
Transit: Bellevue & Kay
Description: Flavor and freshness define the boutique American dinner bistro that is One Bellevue. Experience modern as well as traditional culinary treasures from the sea and land on a healthy and inviting menu. Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award- winning wine selections, creative cocktails, and locally sourced ingredients from our award winning culinary team identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination! At One Bellevue, restaurant highlights include our signature Shrimp Adobo, Char Broiled Duck and Black Pearl Salmon all paired with a luscious selection from our advanced wine list. Come and enjoy Newport’s hidden gem, One Bellevue for your dining and entertainment cravings today!
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food was amazing, affordable, and cooked to perfection. Don't miss the Lobster Bisque and the Rack of Lamb!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Professionally prepared and served. Ample portions and creative menu. The restaurant is consistent with the experience of staying at the Viking. We tried dinner and breakfact and we loved it!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Viking Hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We each chose one Newport activity to do - he chose a brewery tour and I chose afternoon tea at One Bellevue, the Viking's restaurant. So glad that I did! The room is beautiful and cozy - they even had Downton Abbey playing quietly in the background! Tea itself was finger sandwiches, slices of different tea cakes, chocolate truffles, berries and best of all, 3 different types of scones with the most amazing lemon curd. You could eat it with a spoon its so good! Great selection of tea, and you have the choice to order champagne as well. The service is excellent - both our server and the maitre'd Dan were wonderful, stopping to check on us multiple times, giving Newport travel recommendations and directions, etc. Highly recommended - even my beer-drinking husband admitted he enjoyed himself! Would also make for a great mother/daughter activity!

2  Thank Abby K
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I arrived on Friday for my reservation and was greeted by Dan with appreciation for our return patronage and our love for this establishment. Well earned I will say. This was the night before the huge blizzard hit, we were staying at the inn across the street and were rather worried about whether we would be eating cheeze-its and oreos out of the box for the remainder of our stay in wintery Newport RI. Dan assured us to please come over in the morning because if the power was to be lost they had working gas stoves and a generator for the kitchen's infrastructure. How relieved we were is beyond words. We would be taking him up on that offer.

Our Friday night dinner was excellent, our server Dan, the constant professional, went over the menus and the specials for the night. We ordered the Cesar salad and the bacon wrapped filet. It was delicious and well-seasoned, cooked to perfection as always. Chef Chad who is so talented came out to our table with a chick-pea starter that was so beautifully presented in a pita cup with a basil oil with goat cheese and onion and tomato. It was delicious. I mentioned to our waiter Dan, who we love by the way, that we have been meaning to try the chilli since it won so many awards. Chef Chad comes out personally with two small bowls of chilli for us to try. I truly feel like royalty when I visit here. The chilli by the way, there is a reason why it won so many awards. It was delicious. For dessert, which I was too stuffed to eat the restaurant, we took back to the inn, the Guinness brownie and the cheesecake. Both were fantastic. Another amazing meal.

The next morning the storm hit, we went over for breakfast since Dan said they would be open to the public. The menu was still extensive and I gladly ordered the blueberry pancakes with a side of sausage and the wonderfully seasoned breakfast potatoes. They were absolutely fantastic and the best pancakes I've ever eaten. My husband ordered a western omelet and it was made to perfection. I have to mention Dan again who was running the show that day and greeted us like an old friend and the constant professional that he is. He is a treasure to this establishment Our service there was top notch, a special thanks to Dan, we will be back soon and continue to recommend this establishment to the other guests at the Inn we frequent. I will do this with confidence and the assurance that all that come will have one of the best dining experiences they've ever had.

One last note, that evening they were also open without power in the lounge area only. With a limited menu, we took the guests from the inn and had one of the best burger's I've ever eaten in my life. What can I say, they step up to the plate every time. Our server Ryan was taking care of the entire lounge and did it with such ease and professionalism we were all in a bit of awe. Thank you again from the Nagys cannot wait to see you all again.

1  Thank Donna N
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is our second time dining here. Last night was a bit disappointing. When we made reservations we were told there were two seatings...6:40 and 8pm. We chose the first seating. As a Valentine gift, each woman was presented with a long-stemmed red rose...a very nice touch. The service was extremely slow. We don't like to be rushed, but waiting nearly one hour between our salad and our entree was a bit much. Our server Rose was terrific, but it seemed she was the only server in the dining room. Both gentlemen had the salmon which they enjoyed. I had the filet of beef which was average at $36. Our other dining companion had the rack of lamb which she said was perfectly prepared. All in all, One Bellvue remains a lovely place to dine ; perhaps last night was somewhat "off."