“A very nice dining experience”

One Bellevue Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
One Bellevue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kay Street
Transit: Bellevue & Kay
Description: Flavor and freshness define the boutique American dinner bistro that is One Bellevue. Experience modern as well as traditional culinary treasures from the sea on a healthy and inviting menu prepared by our talented Executive Chef Barry Correia. Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award- winning wine selections, creative cocktails, and locally sourced ingredients from our award winning culinary team identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination! At One Bellevue, restaurant highlights include Chef Correia's signature shrimp adobo, Char Broiled Duck and Citrus Blackened Salmon all paired with a luscious selection from our advanced wine list. Come and enjoy Newport's hidden gem, One Bellevue for your dining and entertainment cravings today!
Rhode Island
“A very nice dining experience”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Dining
The wait staff at the hotel restaurant are to be commended for their ‘service with a smile’, perfect recommendations on food choices and attentive service through our dining experience. Our waitress, Rose, on our first night was terrific, bubbly and made our dining experience that much more enjoyable.

One Bellevue Restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and as stated the service was excellent. The food was very good, though some things were either missed or overdone, which I will explain.

First, I cannot complain too much about price, as this is a restaurant in a higher-end hotel, regardless of the fact that it might be offseason. The food was done very well, was of a good quality overall and though you will pay a little more, you are paying for the service and atmosphere as well. If you are more of a pub food person or looking for a lower cost option for your family then I would suggest the many other great restaurants on Thames Street only a short 5-minute walk from the hotel.

For our dinner we ordered the Chef Thiele’s Grand Chowder, Roasted butternut Squash Soup, Field Greens Salad and the Cowboy Cut Rib Eye.

Chowder – awesome! This was more a seafood chowder with large sea scallops and lobster meat within. It was fresh, tasty and a very large portion.

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – my wife loved this and commented how the large chunks of squash were cooked perfectly and the flavor was amazing.

Field Greens Salad – my wife also commented how wonderful the salad was, which our waitress also recommended as one of her favorites.

Rib Eye – This was a very nice cut of meat and was cooked perfectly to order. The potatoes gratin were not the best and a baked potato would have been preferred. Also, it is not clear on the menu, but the steak was doused in a ton of sauce. Honestly this is not needed as the rib eye itself was an excellent cut and the sauce was taking away from the meat flavor itself. If ordering this I would suggest to ask for it without the garlic sauce. Though it makes for a nice presentation, it is not needed and takes away from the dish overall.

Breakfast was very nice and we opted for the regular menu options over the buffet, though the buffet did look very nice and was $23 per person, not $30 as someone stated in another review. My wife went with the more healthy selection of egg whites and fruit, while I ordered the traditional Eggs Benedict. The Eggs Benedict were very good and the only notable issue was that the English muffin was not toasted or not toasted enough. Other than this minor detail these were excellent and the eggs poached perfectly.

Visited November 2012

Orleans, Massachusetts, United States
“Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had an excellent dinner - and then enjoyed ourselves at the adjoining bar. We chose this restaurant from Trip Advisor and were not disappointed! Our server was very good - very helpful and engaging...he told us about the very large portions so we did no over-order and saved money ! The prices are VERY reasonable considering how large the portions are. Then we just walked to the bar and listened to live music - a perfect nite and very reasonable priced considering how much food they serve! Drinks very expensive of course - but normal. It was perfect for us.

Visited November 2012
“INCREDIABLE Feast for the senses and great service”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Ryan our Waiter and all the staff was great.
Dinner was a excellant pairing from fresh hot bread , soup , salad and delicious entrees for a incrediable restaurant week feast not to be missed
Thanks for making our night so special !
Bob & Char

London
“Fabulous restaurant, wonderful staff, delicious food and wine :-)”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ryan Kettle and his wonderful team of servers at One Bellevue, Hotel Viking, Newport ensure that dining at this beautiful establishment is pure pleasure, where nothing appears too much trouble for this most hospitable and dynamic team. The quality, flavor and integrity of food is of course superb and Head Chef Kevin Thiele consistently serves up some great dishes that are sure to tempt and please the palate, and would not be out of place in some of the finer restaurants here in London and certainly on the Continent. My last visit to One Bellevue had me quite stuck on the Pumpkin Ravioli, which is quite simply the most delicious pasta dish I have ever eaten and one I felt was an appropriate choice for late October with Halloween approaching and the evenings pulling in. But there is also a great choice of salads, pizza, wonderful local seafood dishes and delicious fish and meat entrees, not to mention an impressive wine list demonstrating a thoughtful and interesting selection to offer.

During my visits to Newport I make a point of eating at One Bellevue as often as I can, as it feels more and more like home each time I come in. Whether it's for a cocktail on the roof terrace (Top of Newport), or the outdoor dining patio with welcoming fireplace and comfy chairs, just sitting at the bar catching up with some of the locals, or simply dining in the cosy, elegant, wood paneled restaurant, this place is a great all-year-rounder. So if you're breezing into town on a visit, or just happen to be a local Newporter who hasn't been in for a while, do go check out the wonderful menu and ambience of One Bellevue .. you'll be in for a very pleasant experience, and all at affordable prices too.

Special thanks to Ryan Kettle and the lovely, effervescent Rosie. See you on my next visit! (Just read the preceding review from 'Rodger J' and can only imagine that his experience was influenced by approaching hurricane Sandy that evening, perhaps making it difficult for key staff to get in? Certainly my experiences have been totally positive and opposite to this and I was surprised to read such a negative review).

Bon Appetit everyone - enjoy One Bellevue! Deborah

• Visited October 2012
Saumur, France
“GO TO THE WHITE HORSE TAVERN INSTEAD”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We ate at the hotel on the evening hurricane Sandy arrived. The service was simply appalling. Perhaps there is a smoke break between 8 & 8:30pm, as everything seemed to stop at this time.

We enjoyed the Calamari and my wife enjoyed her risotto, but my Tuna was mediocre. The fillet was about 2 inches square. Instead of slicing the fish into fillets and searing each side, the piece was left whole; the outside was seared but the centre was raw. The bed of lentils and fish had then stood while some carrots were cooked.

The waitress disappeared yet again, so I had to open the kitchen door to ask the cook to reheat the dish - it seemed that this was the first time he had met a client.

As my title says, do not waste your time or money on this restaurant when the excellent White Horse Tavern is just a few minutes walk away.

To sum up, this restaurant is a very poor reflection of an otherwise excellent hotel

• Visited October 2012