“Awsome”

Bayberry Inn of Newport
Ranked #19 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Had a great time. The staff was friendly and made us feel as though we were visiting with old friends. The room ( RED ROOM )was real nice andi definitely will be back in the near future.. Highly recommend the Bayberry Inn.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bayberry Inn of Newport

Reviewed November 30, 2009

the bayberry inn was wonderful! we went for my husband's birthday and stayed for 2 nights. Karen, the innkeeper and her husband were so nice they put us right at ease even though we didn't have much experience with B&B's. the blue room is where we stayed and it was very nice also very comfy. the breakfast they serve is very good and lots of choices. Karen also bakes her own bread, very Yummy!! she was also very helpful recommending restaurants and places to see. Another thing I noticed in newport is parking can be terrible! lots of B&B's are on tiny little one way streets where people were trying to pull up and park on sidewalks. well not the Bayberry inn. it's on a regular street very close to everything and it has it's own parking area. this is something I didn't think to inquire about and just got lucky. thanks Karen, we'll see you next year!!!
Todd and Tracey Melbourne

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krazymelb
Reviewed November 19, 2009

The Bayberry was a great place to stay. Karen was very helpful and the place was beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomvball
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I called this B&B to book two rooms for ourselves and our friends. I asked about the availability for two "comparable" rooms. The reservationist said, "What do you mean?" I explained we needed two rooms that were similar so neither couple would feel slighted. "I'm not going to say what's comparable or not. I don't know what you think is comparable. Go to the website and look for yourself."
Needless to say, with that pleasant reaction, we booked elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CynthiaL
BayberryInnofNewport, Owner at Bayberry Inn of Newport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2010

Our apologies for any misunderstanding, but there are no two rooms alike at the Bayberry Inn. Each are unique in design, layout, decor, furnishings, etc. This reviewer was asked if they had visited the website to view pictures of the respective rooms available which is the best way to actually see the differences. This reviewer did not visit or stay at the property, but we wish they would have!

Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I were relishing the thought of three days away from the kids and had chosen Newport for our anniversary trip. The Bayberry Inn website is very clever and very deceptive too. I had read through numerous reviews on Trip Advisor before we booked but unfortunately I chose to believe the positive ones, bad decision on my part. On arrival my heart sank when I saw a tired looking building and an uninviting front porch. The front door was eventually opened by the innkeeper who did not introduce herself or really welcome us. We had to wait in a dusty and dated reception room for her to fetch the check-in paperwork. Then she brought us to our room where she proceeded to change some lightbulbs. The bedroom was ok but definitely in need of a major vacuuming and dusting. The bathroom was clean enough but there was peeling plaster on the ceiling and the sanitary ware was old and in need of a major updating. I was desperately disappointed but as with most B&Bs, refunds are extremely hard to negotiate so we decided to put up with the surroundings and to stay out as much as possible, rather than forfeiting what amounted to $775.00. The loud piped jazz muzac which we could clearly hear in our bedroom was incentive enough to get out and about. Thankfully the research I had done on restaurants in Newport was much more successful and we had three fantastic dinners out, two in the same restaurant "Salvation Cafe" and one in "Tuckers". For sheer quality of food and value for money, Salvation Cafe was a hit.
We only ate breakfast in the B&B once and that was once too much. Apart from basic granola, juice and bread, the only option for warm food was a blueberry cobbler type dish, which would have been much more suited to dessert. Benjamins and Starbucks were better choices on the other two mornings.
In spite of our accommodation, thankfully my husband and I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend but the Bayberry Inn did not contribute to that enjoyment one bit. We will not be back!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TMEB
Reviewed October 22, 2009

My BF and I stayed there a few years ago and truly enjoyed ourselves. We had a second trip planned and reserved. Unfortuantely my BF broke his arm which required him to have surgery so we had to cancel our plans. We had a $200 gift certificate which we completely lost - we asked for an extention so we could replan our trip and they would not allow it. On top of it, we lost the 18% off of the total amount that we paid for ourselves.. we ended up losing $250 without even staying at Inn.

Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OceanGirl1033
BayberryInnofNewport, Owner at Bayberry Inn of Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2009

In response to Oceangirl1033's review, we absolutely did extend the date in order for them to reschedule due to unfortunate accident experienced by her boyfriend. We categorically deny that they ended up losing $250 as stated. They are welcome to make stay arrangements in the future with us and utilize the $200 gift certificate.
-Bayberry Inn of Newport

Reviewed October 19, 2009

The website had beautiful photos annd the rooms are as they appear. But there are no special touches and no attention to detail. The breakfast was burned and we ended up eating out. Considering the high price I was very disappointed! I go to many B&B's and iwill never return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple