“Relaxing”

Bayberry Inn of Newport
Ranked #19 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at the Bayberry Inn on the first night of our honeymoon on the way to Martha’s Vineyard. We appropriately chose to stay in the “Honeymoon Room” more so for the fireplace and Jacuzzi than for the name of the room. My wife did indulge in the Jacuzzi tub and she said it was awesome. The room itself was large and very beautiful. The only downside is that the bathroom does not have an actual door for privacy (just sliding doors and shutters), so if you really like your privacy in the bathroom you may want to opt for a different room. We really enjoyed lounging in the parlor and the excellent selection of teas that we always available, and Cindy makes an excellent breakfast. Everything about the B & B in general (easy parking, convenient to other locations, cleanliness) warrants good ratings.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bayberry Inn of Newport

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great place! Will definitely be back and also refer to people we know! It was a beautiful place and we loved our room. The hospitality was second to none. Cindy was amazing and made us feel right at home. The baked French toast for breakfast was the cherry on top haha.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Mmollis1024
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed in Newport for the St. Patty's Day weekend and the Bayberry Inn did not disappoint. The Inn Keeper Cindy was very friendly and extremely helpful. The location is perfect for a short trek into town and all the local attractions. The inn has a beautiful rustic, old world look and is very very clean and well kept. The only negative was I only had the opportunity to stay one evening but be assured first chance I get back to Newport I will be staying at the Bayberry!!!

3  Thank NickPo
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Got to get 2 days off in a row, and started checking the Internet for ideas, stumbled across the Bayberry Inn and read some reviews on TripAdvisor. I found the reviewing helpful as to where I would stay. It was everything all the reviews raved about. Ample free parking for guests, and an Innkeeper (Cindy) who's hospitality was second to none. Not to mention the scrumptious breakfast she provided for her guests every morning. The location of the Inn was perfect. Was able to walk to most of all the attractions that Beautiful Newport has to offer. The Inn itself is gorgeous. Nicely decorated, super clean, and totally comfortable. Cindy helped us with some day trip suggestions, and some restaurant ideas. I highly recommend the Bayberry Inn. So happy to have found a great place to stay, and such a wonderful innkeeper. I felt like I knew her for years. Will definitely be returning and will tell everyone I can that I found Newport's BEST kept secret!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Every time we stay at this great B&B we are never disappointed. Everything is clean, private and the hot tub is awesome. The breakfast both mornings were delicious. Cindy was pleasant and willing to help with anything. Thank you once again.

1  Thank Susan081765
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I browsed the internet for a Bed and Breakfast to stay at in Newport, RI for a nice chance to just kick back, and relax. The reviews that I went through listed on Trip Advisor, caught my eye by a long shot. I booked my reservation online for a few nights. I was kindly acknowledged and greeted by an Innkeeper by the name of Cindy! The moment we walked in, we felt as if we were at home, but on vacation. She offered us some afternoon tea and delicious cookies, we could just not give it up at all. Then took us around the entire Inn. We have to say the inn is built in 1837, you would think you were talking into a brand new home, the way the designing looks is comfortable and welcoming. The smell of clean fresh cleaning in the air. We just loved our room, it was gorgeous, extremely clean, and desirable. Everything was perfect for my girlfriend and I. The next morning we sat outside on the front porch, then breakfast was ready, we entered the dining room each morning by a wonderful welcome by Cindy, with a lovely prepared fresh, hot, delicious breakfast. (Her cooking reminds me of my mama's) Couldn't have gotten any better than this. Chatting with the other guests made it feel like a big family breakfast! After breakfast we took just a few steps to Newport Downtown. Amazing we could just leave our car in the parking lot, there was so much too do downtown as there are shops, restaurants, bars, and outside attractions. After our day was done, we helped ourselves in the "Library" to some afternoon goodies, enjoyed ourselves on the couches, as Cindy came and made a very nice warming conversation with us. We are definitely coming back to our "2nd" home! Overall our experience with the inn was a 100 out of a 100! Cindy, is the reason we are coming back, she has such a wonderful personality, she makes an amazing breakfast and puts her heart into her work, and puts her guests first. I highly recommend staying at the Bayberry Inn for anyone! GO CINDY! Thank you for everything! PS. She even gives out take home goodies, like calenders, business cards, pens. Thanks again Cindy see you and Benz soon!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L6167ZEJosh
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Bayberry Inn was wonderful! We stayed one night in the honeymoon suite and loved the Jacuzzi. Cindy made us feel welcome and made a delicious breakfast (wonderful frenchtoast w/berries) in the morning.

My only issue is that I usually bring my own pillow, and I forgot it! The pillows in our room were a bit thick and very firm, so I didn't sleep very well. This is certainly not a knock against the inn, but for someone who prefers a thin pillow like me, it is just an fyi to maybe bring your own.

I highly recommend this inn!!

Room Tip: We got to look at a couple of the rooms besides ours, and they were all nice. Our bathroom (honeymoo...
1  Thank rsm19699