“A lovely escape in Newport”

Bayberry Inn of Newport
Ranked #19 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2012

From check-in to check-out, our time at Bayberry Inn was a wonderful, positive experience. Wendy is a warm, attentive, but host who made us feel immediately welcome with afternoon tea and snacks. The brochures and restaurant menus were very useful, and we were able to use them in planning our excursions in Newport. When we returned to the inn that evening, we were able to relax and enjoy all of the amenities in the Gold Room, including the hot tub, fluffy towels, and an incredibly comfortable bed and pillows. We were able to sleep-in due to the late check-in. Breakfast was delicious, with several options, including fresh fruit and yogurt. When we left, she snuck us some extra cookies for the ride back. Seriously... what could be better?

My boyfriend and I have nothing but warm memories of our stay in Newport, and we are happy to give a resounding review for Bayberry In.

Room Tip: For a relaxing stay, pick a room with a hot tub!
There are newer reviews for Bayberry Inn of Newport

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We went to Newport for the St. Patrick's parade and stayed the weekend. Wendy is a wonderful host. We stayed in the honeymoon room which was a great experience. The morning breakfasts were delicious and you can tell everything is homemade. She takes the time to make you feel welcome and you don't want to leave the inn. We would go back in half a heartbeat if we had the time to take off from work. Thank you so much for the great time!!

Room Tip: Honeymoon room
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to this inn for a relaxing weekend away. I had never stayed at an inn before and was a little unsure what to expect. I must say, our stay at Bayberry Inn exceeded all expectations I had. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Every morning there was a home- made breakfast served, which was exceptional! We loved our room; we stayed in the Gold Room. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. What we loved the most was the jacuzzi tub and the fireplace. We would definitely return to the inn for another visit. For those of you looking for a relaxing, romantic weekend away, choose this inn!!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Bayberry inn is everything I expected and more, we had a great stay! The room was immaculate, pictures don't do it justice it was absolutely beautiful! It felt like something right out of a movie Lol, I didn't want to leave and I can't wait to go back to the Honeymoon Room! I had never been to a B&B and i must say it was an experience I will truely never forget!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I had a wonderful retreat and enjoyed my room and the surrounding shopping and coffee. Brunch was great! Cookies and tea in the evening, wonderful! Very Clean.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the Bayberry Inn in February for a little valentines getaway. Stayed in the honeymoon room, very good size room with a bit of a grecian theme. jaccuzzi was a good size and everything was nice and clean. Breakfast was excellent and the staff was super nice. Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have been at this Inn twice now during February Winter Festival Weekend. We find this Inn to be a wonderful winter retreat. My husband slept and rested so comfortably...almost too well. I had to wake him both mornings. We both loved Wendy's breakfasts....the lemon bread was my favorite baked good. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and it was nice and roomy, warm and inviting. We will stay here again next year...same time...same place...maybe we will try a new room this time for a change of scenery.

Room Tip: Go to the Coddington Brewery and try their beer sampler! The prime rib there made my husband a happy...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple