“Great place to stay in Newport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayberry Inn of Newport

Bayberry Inn of Newport
Ranked #18 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Franklin, Connecticut
“Great place to stay in Newport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

We went to Newport for the St. Patrick's parade and stayed the weekend. Wendy is a wonderful host. We stayed in the honeymoon room which was a great experience. The morning breakfasts were delicious and you can tell everything is homemade. She takes the time to make you feel welcome and you don't want to leave the inn. We would go back in half a heartbeat if we had the time to take off from work. Thank you so much for the great time!!

Room Tip: Honeymoon room
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to this inn for a relaxing weekend away. I had never stayed at an inn before and was a little unsure what to expect. I must say, our stay at Bayberry Inn exceeded all expectations I had. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Every morning there was a home- made breakfast served, which was exceptional! We loved our room; we stayed in the Gold Room. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. What we loved the most was the jacuzzi tub and the fireplace. We would definitely return to the inn for another visit. For those of you looking for a relaxing, romantic weekend away, choose this inn!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Bayberry inn is everything I expected and more, we had a great stay! The room was immaculate, pictures don't do it justice it was absolutely beautiful! It felt like something right out of a movie Lol, I didn't want to leave and I can't wait to go back to the Honeymoon Room! I had never been to a B&B and i must say it was an experience I will truely never forget!

• Stayed March 2012
Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I had a wonderful retreat and enjoyed my room and the surrounding shopping and coffee. Brunch was great! Cookies and tea in the evening, wonderful! Very Clean.

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the Bayberry Inn in February for a little valentines getaway. Stayed in the honeymoon room, very good size room with a bit of a grecian theme. jaccuzzi was a good size and everything was nice and clean. Breakfast was excellent and the staff was super nice. Overall we had a great stay.

Norton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have been at this Inn twice now during February Winter Festival Weekend. We find this Inn to be a wonderful winter retreat. My husband slept and rested so comfortably...almost too well. I had to wake him both mornings. We both loved Wendy's breakfasts....the lemon bread was my favorite baked good. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and it was nice and roomy, warm and inviting. We will stay here again next year...same time...same place...maybe we will try a new room this time for a change of scenery.

Room Tip: Go to the Coddington Brewery and try their beer sampler! The prime rib there made my husband a happy...
West Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

This Inn is a fantastic balance of New England B&B character and hotel like amenities. The rooms are more polished and roomy than your average B&B and don't have that "staying in someones house" feel but you get the unique details, old world charm and personable aspects you dont find in a hotel, especially the chains in Newport. Location is great, and SPECTACULAR for the price. You could easily walk to anything you need and not needing to park on the street in Newport is a rarity.

Because the website is a bit outdated, I wanted to leave some specifics about our room. We stayed in the Newport room. It was nice and roomy, the picture on the site (and mine) doesn't do the space justice. The ceilings are very tall in the room (in the picture below with the fireplace, my chin comes about the height of the smallest vase there) and there are many storage places. It was missing very few details that weren't a bother to us, for example there aren't hangers with clips on them for something strapless and one of the blinds was missing a pole to adjust it, though I didn't ask after these either. There's a flat screen TV in the room with cable and the wireless worked well from our room, we streamed movies online without interruption. Because we stayed in the winter we especially noticed the room was very cozy and warm without any drafts (a huge plus for an older house), there were more than enough layers on the bed (top sheet, down comforter, another sheet, bed spread, and heavy blanket), and the gas fireplace worked wonderfully and provided extra warmth as well. The bathroom was very clean, had lots of extra towels, and the soaps and hair products were very nice unlike the cheap products you get in hotels. What the large pedestal sink lacked in counter space was made up with a very cute secretary desk with tons of room and the tub was well big enough for me to completely stretch my legs and be covered with only my head sticking out. The shower is a bit small but not unmanageable and just one of those very few compromises. Also, outside of our room was a fridge, coffee maker and electric tea pot which was a nice addition though they were never needed since breakfast and tea time provided all the caffination we needed.

Wendy, the innkeeper, was a joy and obviously accomplished in the kitchen. Both our breakfast's were very yummy and the selection of homemade breads, muffins, and other options in the breakfast room could fill in any gaps if you didn't happen to like a portion of the breakfast (though for us that wasn't close to an issue). Tea time also had delicious baked goods along with it served on the piano in the parlor with classical music playing in the background and funny enough a highlight of our days.

Growing up in Rhode Island we have frequented Newport our whole lives and this was by far my favorite trip and place to stay. This will not be our last stay for sure and we would recommend this to any friend looking for a quiet getaway close enough to all the activities Newport has to offer. A definite joy.

Room Tip: Newport room is very nice, if this is the least expensive I can only imagine what the other rooms ha...