“Great breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Hungry Monkey
Ranked #52 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Farmington, New Hampshire
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stopped in on Tuesday morning for breakfast. The iced coffee was great! My husband got pancakes and I got the stuffed french toast. Both were very good! I would recommend The Hungry Monkey for breakfast to anyone!

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was with a large group and The Hungry Monkey was able to accomodate us within a resonable amount of time. The food was delicious and our waitress was friendly and quick!

Visited July 2013
Boston
“Good food served in a fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have now eaten at this restaurant twice. The first time I had something from the breakfast menu (biscuits with sausage gravy) and the second time something from the lunch menu (chicken wrap with french fries). Both times my meal was yummy. The actual restaurant is rather small with only enough seating inside for about 40 and 2 four tops located outside on the sidewalk so expect about a 10 minute wait.

The second visit was on Saturday, July 6, and Newport during the long holiday weekend is INSANE so I was more understanding with the slower sub par service. I am not excusing it but I do understand that you can only pump out so much food in a venue this small and the tables were always full.

I would definitely eat here again.

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went there for breakfast. The restaurant was busy, but no excuse for the poor service all around. We sat for 10 minutes unoticed by 3 waitresses that appeared to have no assigned tables. After pulling one over she said it was not her table but we made her take our order anyway. 40 minutes later and having to get up to get my own coffee refills the first meal came. (There three of us) As the first meal was nearly complete, the other two arrived. I ordered portuguese eggs bendict. The eggs were overpoached and the muffin was soggy. What a disappointment. Others around us felt the same.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
corpus christi,texas
“Excellent food made with love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The atmosphere was great, the building had a small-town homey feel to it. Our waitress was very polite and helpful. The food was amazing! I had the stuffed french toast with apples, and it was to die for. The filling in the french toast was cream cheese, but it had a delightful vanilla taste to it. The sausage and home fries I had on the side were like no other I've ever tasted. The little ones enjoyed their blueberry pancakes and chocolate chip waffles. If I ever get the chance to visit Newport again, I will definitely eat here again.

• Visited May 2013