“Fresh, delicious, great ambience and service”
Review of Stoneacre Pantry

Stoneacre Pantry
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoneacre Pantry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Greetings From Stoneacre Brasserie. Please join us in our new home at 28 Washington Square, Newport RI. Reopened in summer of 2017 we offer a full Brasserie menu, cafe service along with lunch daily and brunch every Saturday and Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

After our experience at Bouchard, we WELCOMED this resto with open arms. The restaurant owners take a farm to table approach so everything is wildly fresh. The menu is less extensive because of this approach but big enough. Our waitress picked out some cheeses for us as our appetiser and hit the nail on the head after having given her some of our likes/dislikes. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here and I recommend the rissoto.

1  Thank TravelBug683

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited Stoneacre Pantry for the first time last night. It was three of us altogether and my friend who recently moved to Newport recommended going. I was very pleasantly surprised with this place. From what my friend told me, the three executive chefs and owners came from and were trained in New York City. They opened up Stoneacre Pantry in July 2013 and it seems to have taken off as both a local haunt and a restaurant for tourists to frequent as well. The service and food are similar to Gracie's in Providence, but the prices are a little less and the portions are more. The menu is not vast but in my opinion that's a good sign because I'd rather have the cooks concentrate and excel on fewer dishes than create more dishes that are only mediocre. I had the fluke and potatoes and celery root---very tasty. The owner/host graciously welcomed us and took our coats. Very positive experience. The atmosphere is kind of like a tavern. Will definitely return.

1  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Likely one of the best restaurant experiences in my memory in Rhode Island.
Farm to table, clean, perfectly balance flavors, cooked to perfection. Friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Will be back very soon!

1  Thank lap333
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went here for lunch based on reviews on TA...as the farm to table theme is catching on. The lunch menu was decent with some appetizing options but you have to be in the mood to try some things if you were looking for an expansive menu. The house made ginger ale was good but my wife ordered a coke and was delivered a diet (*some eco-trendy brand we never heard of) without hesitation. We didn't fuss...no big deal. Our food was pretty good (chicken sandwich, kale chips, and chili) but it was out server (most likely the manager) who came off as snobby and slightly pushy. We asked his opinion of some good places to eat a late night on a Saturday because our schedule was hectic later that evening. He pushed Stoneacre real hard and almost pressured us into a reservation later that night. He then went on to recommend (2) establishments after some probing. What we do love about the city of Newport is that restaurant owners support each other...Stoneacre Pantry came across not wanting to do so...that was our gripe and therefore we will not be back...there are plenty of other places to try in such a wonderful town.

3  Thank DRsMama
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Stoneacre Pantry for the first time last night. We have been visiting Newport for the last 10 years, and our meal at Stoneacre Pantry was by far the best we have had.
The service from Sarah, and the rest of the staff was excellent. My chesnut soup and monkfish were sublime.
My husband loved his meal as well. Our dessert was a heavenly chocolate hazelnut mousse with salted caramel. Even the gratis pistachio macaroons were delicious.
This restaurant should be rated number one in Newport.

1  Thank mj101102