“Great food, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Benjamin's

Benjamin's
Ranked #14 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New York,NY
“Great food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

9 of us stopped here after a bike ride around Newport. Food was great. The fish and lobster were amazing. The clam chowder was pretty good. Would def stop here and eat again when in town. Beware though. The tip was included in the original bill but when our party paid on separate cards she added tax again. The next day everyone had been charged twice.

• Visited June 2014

United States
“great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Excellent Blueberry Pancakes.. so good my grandson came to my side and finished off half of my dish.. And from my family, came yums from their dishes of french toast and omelets as well!

Austin, Texas
“Lovely place, friendly waitresses and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Two days in Newport/Middletown area, we finally found a restaurant we liked.

We have been here for two days and we've finally found a restaurant that we all liked.

We started with some calamari, which our kids devoured.

After eating heavy food for several meals, I was not too hungry coming into Benjamin's. So I ordered light. Half a dozen oysters, dinner salad and cup of Rhode Island chowder. The oysters were fresh, briny, and succulent. The salad was ample, crispy, came with tart balsamic based dressing, perfect for what I was looking for. I was never fond of the cream based chowder. So the Rhode Island broth based chowder really hit the mark.

My husband ordered the seafood casserole, a pile of shrimps, squids, and scallops on a dish boat, swimming with butter and sauce, topped with crunchy bread crumbs, which looked really scrumptious. I had a little taste and it was as yummy as it looked.

We ended the meal with an order of creme brûlée. Even my taste adverse daughter asked for seconds and third spoons.

Lovely place, friendly waitresses and great food. I would certainly come back here again.

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Best mimosa ever !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We love to start our day at Benjamin 's. The oh-no mimosa has grand marnier in it. The breakfast cooks ( especially Frank ) ROCK. all the staff is awesome. And Steve is the best raw bar shucker I've seen. Try Benjamin's late night too. You can't go wrong!! A tip : Tuesdays all day the raw bar is on sale.

• Visited June 2014
East Granby, Connecticut
“Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a neat place to enjoy a great lunch! Great Bloody Mary's, awesome oysters and clams on the half shell - very fresh. Wait staff excellent and friendly:)