“Busy Busy Place”

Ranked #100 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Bar Mills, Maine
“Busy Busy Place”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The sandwich combinations were very good, the price was reasonable...but the wait...was way too long for a panini...there was an obvious lack of help.

Visited April 2013

Enfield, Connecticut
“Awesome sandwiches!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We wanted a place for lunch that wasn't an overpriced pub-type spot, but also wasn't an average chain or pizza place. This shop fit the bill perfectly! I ordered the portabella & vegetable sandwich on wheat, and it was divine! My husband had the BBQ chicken on foccacia, and it was great, too. It's a small joint, so seating is limited, unfortunately. The only real negative was the amount of time it took to get our order (about 20 minutes after we ordered, which is an awfully long time for a sandwich shop). Even the people next to us started asking us if we had been waiting long, and complaining about the wait. I don;t recommend the clam chowder, since it just tasted like dill soup. However, I would definitely go back to try the other creative and delicious-looking items on their menu.

• Visited April 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Don't understand the good reviews”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is a dive and our sandwiches were horrible. We didn't finish them, but instead walked to Panera to get a different sandwich. Panera is cheaper and 100 times better. I can make better sandwiches at my own home and I can make them twice as fast. We were the only people who had an order to make and it took this guy 15-20 minutes to make 2 mediocre sandwiches. We also had a BOGO coupon, but apparently in the fine print it says they can add 18% gratuity to the entire cost of the 2 sandwiches before taking the discount. So the final price ended up being close to what the two sandwiches would have been without the coupon. And gratuity for what???? We ordered our sandwiches To Go. They also didn't have any servers, so how can they charge a gratuity without offering a service for which the gratuity would apply? I believe this is illegal in my home state, but I have no idea about Rhode Island. Anyways....do yourself a huge favor and skip this place and walk another 100 yards or so to the nearby Panera Bread.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank hilburno
Auburn, NH
“Good, affordable option in Newport”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a simply a sandwich shop. But both of us were very pleased with the sandwiches we got. The bread was fantastic! And there was a decent amount of meat on the sandwich. Atmosphere is similar to a small pizza place. Service wasn't particularly fast, but it was reasonable. Overall an affordable, decent option in the downtown area.

Visited December 2012
Oceanside, New York
“Slow slow slow”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't go there for a quick bite to eat. They are so slow. The sandwiches are good but don't think it's worth waiting 15 minutes for 1 sandwich when there is no one else in the store.