“Cozy, warm, friendly and yummy!”
Review of Franklin Spa

Franklin Spa
Ranked #40 of 249 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great food, reasonable pricing, friendly service ! A great place filled with local color. I love how they have held on to the name, preserving a bit of history and the use of " spa"

Reviewed February 27, 2014

on a busy weekend, be prepared to wait for a table. This is a very quaint diner with style. it's always so busy so it took us a while to actually get a spot in there... I'm not huge on breakfast, but when i do have it, it's usually more like brunch time anyway. I loved how this place is very old style traditional, it reminded me of my favorite dinner back home from when i was kid. I ordered the eggs benedict...there's only one word to describe it: WOW! seriously, it was made to perfection and their hollondaise sauce is homemade. It's basically the only brunch style food i order so I'm relatively picky about it, but this was the best benny I've ever had...and that's saying a lot. my boyfriend ordered a spinach, feta and ham omelet and he loved his food as well. i think we were there an hour before they closed, and we were the only people in there, which is amazing considering how many times we've seen lines out their door!

Overall this is a great breakfast spot. the only tip i have to give: they are cash only, so be prepared.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Went on a recent visit- virtually empty and no wait. Fresh squeezed orange juice and friendly service were the highlights- everything else was nothing to write home about. It was breakfast food, at a diner. Oh, the mugs were cute.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We ate at Franklin Spa today while staying in Newport for the weekend. The food was below average and the service although fine was not "friendly" as many others have suggested. I'm not sure if there just aren't many other breakfast options in the area but I don't know how there are so many rave reviews. I got a veggie omelette and paid $1.25 extra to add cheese. If there was one full slice of cheese in there I'd be surprised. The homefries had no flavor and they are stingy with those as well. We ate at Brick Alley Pub for lunch later in the day and had a delicious lunch for the same exact amount it cost us for this sub par breakfast ($24). I would not go back to Franklin Spa.

1  Thank OUtrippin
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is your quintessential diner with great food, reasonable prices, and a really friendly staff. We ate at the bar because all the tables were taken and we would have had to wait outside until a table opened up (no thanks in January!). This was exactly what we needed on New Year's Day and what you see is what you get. Note that they are cash only though. They have an ATM inside but plan to bring some cash (and a little more than you might think for a diner).