“Not exactly "best of Newport"”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Franklin Spa

Franklin Spa
Ranked #58 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston
“Not exactly "best of Newport"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife and I saw this spot recommended as a "Best Breakfast in Newport" selection and decided to try it. Perfectly fine for a diner-style breakfast, but nothing special. The omelet was a bit bland, as was the service. Not sure where the "Best" recommendation came from. But overall, OK.

• Visited June 2011

Washington DC
“If you want a good, quick, cheap breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

The name is kind of a joke, I think. You hear "spa" and you assume cucumber water and tofu. This place is a classic northeast greasy spoon diner that serves good, fast and relatively cheap omelets, pancakes and french toast. We went twice for breakfast, both times hung over, and both meals helped. And for all the reviews about the pregnant waitress- we thought she was rock star. She was funny, sassy, and really cool and she's part of the reason why we went back. Quit expecting to be "served" at a diner- sometimes you need to get up and get your own ketchup from the table next to you. Don't expect a lot- but $10 will get you eggs, toast, hash browns and coffee. That's a good deal.

• Visited May 2011
Newport, Rhode Island
“The best place hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

If you want breakfast or lunch, this is the best option in Newport. Order the Portuguese Sailor and let Victoria worry about the rest. I bring every one of my out of town friends here for breakfast or lunch. Fantastic!!!!

• Visited May 2011
Houston, TX
“Great breakfast but bossy wait staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

We ate a late breakfast and enjoyed our meals a great deal, but the wait staff is a little bossy. I believe her name was Veronica or Victoria and perhaps it's because she's prego, but I asked for coffee and also water and you'd thought I was asking for a million dollars. She literally asked me if I was really going to drink both. Seriously????? Does it matter???? Other than that, I don't think you could ask for a better breakfast experience.

• Visited March 2011
Warwick, Rhode Island
“stopped in very late but were treated great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

Ate upstairs in the dining room. We came in late and were greeted well and seated alone in the dining room. There were some folks at the bar but we were the only diners on a Monday night after ten o'clock. The drinks were excellently made martinis. The coconut shrimp were a-ok as were the nachos. The waitress was a very polite young woman. I would go back. Also, I have been there for breakfast (downstairs) too and it is excellent as well.