“Great atmosphere and great food”

Red Parrot Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Super friendly staff, great food and great atmosphere. What else can you ask for.

Only disappointment was that the kids wanted T-shirts but they didn't have S or M...only L and XL.

New Hampshire
“thanks trip advisor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were pretty overwhelmed with the amount of choices in Newport RI. We saw the reviews for Red Parrot but did not go the first night because we walked by and it was crowded and loud. We went the second night of our trip because it did get consistently good reviews on Trip Advisor.
We are so glad we did. It was much quieter, being a week day. We loved the atmosphere of the place. Nice bar, relaxed setting. We had a very good waitress, Madelyn, she was efficient and friendly but didn't overdo any of it. Our food was great and we thought the prices were very reasonable. My husband had broiled scallops that were out of this world, perfectly cooked for under $20. I was looking for "something different". Well I got that with the Jamaican jerk salad with chicken and shrimp and a delicious salad. The jerk was very flavorful, the heat was good and did catch up with me by the end of the meal but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Beer were reasonable priced and we were very satisfied.
Thanks Red Parrot, Madelyn and Trip Advisor contributors for a good time!

• Visited May 2014
Rochester, New York
“Good Food, Decent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate dinner here while on vacation. We tried a couple places while on our stay and this was an decent meal. Our server was average. My boyfriend loved the chicken wing appetizer we shared. We both got sandwiches for dinner and they were pretty good. The only thing I really disliked is that we were jammed into a corner at an extremely small table basically right on top of the people near us. It felt too cramped and that made the meal slightly uncomfortable. Overall a decent meal but nothing spectacular.

Visited February 2014
Meriden, Connecticut
“Easy in n out n great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The sticky fingers were delightfully sweet. The ribs were fall off the bone tender and the Bahama mommas were wonderfully tropical.

• Visited June 2014
“Sit by the windows and people watch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Great seating if you're down by the window overlooking the street. The windows open up and you can enjoy the breeze and people watch! Excellent nachos, and my husband and I are nacho lovers ;) soup is great, salads are to die for. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his crab cake "burger". Good service, very clean. I would highly recommend. It's a "must do" if you're only in newport for the day.

1 Thank Autumn V

Been to Red Parrot Restaurant? Share your experiences!