“Good Atmosphere/Good Food”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Went to Red Parrot with friends. I loved the atmosphere and the service. The only complaint I had was the menu was incredibly long. While it could have been a good thing for picky people, I felt extremely overwhelmed with how many pages upon pages there were of food options to choose from. Our group split the buffalo calamari, which was amazing, and I had the coco loco shrimp wrap. I thought it was very good! The wrap was definitely more of a summer than a winter meal. Anyway, I would like to go back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been a fan of this location since its days many years ago as the Ark. To me it is a great place to stop in for a drink or two as you are moving around town. The center bar is very inviting & the staff has always been welcoming. Now if you are wanting to watch a sporting event with your drink this is not the best place as the TV's are tucked up behind the bar but that is a good thing at times for many & you can always get a peek for a score. I may not be the best to discuss the food but I have had something to eat several times & have always found the food good to get the job done. In fact I think next time in town I will make a attempt to have a meal at the Red Parrot.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I went by this restaurant on a weekday so it wasn't busy. I sat at the bar and was immediately waited on. I ordered the surf & turf, which was filet mignon with crab meat on top. It was delicious! I highly recommend this place if you are in the area. The customer service was great!

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We sat at 2nd floor bar which was perfect. Bartender named PJ was excellent. Perfect Martinis bruised until they were well chilled. Oysters, salads and very tender swordfish Mediterranean were very good. It was a great evening.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

There are so many bar/restaurant choices in Newport, and having been to many of them I have a good grasp of which are the better ones, and which should be avoided. The Red Parrot is one of the best! While it has a casual, inviting atmosphere, the service and food is fantastic. My wife and I were there alone for a quick appetizer and a few glasses of wine. We sat at the second floor bar where the bar tenders were very professional and friendly. Red Parrot is definitely family friendly...can't wait to come back soon with the kids!