“Didn't even stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Parrot Restaurant

Red Parrot Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Island
“Didn't even stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Decided to get lunch during our stay in Newport. After we ordered our drinks we reviewed the extensive menu. Our waitress came over several times to see if we were ready to order finally when we were ready she was no where to be found. When she finally came back we asked her a few questions and ordered. I ordered the Red, Red Russell, which was suppose to served warm roast beef sandwich with cheese. My husband ordered the Sunset Strip Burger. When our food arrived my roll was toasted and totally stale. When I lifted the roll it crumbled into pieces. The roast beef looked like shoe leather. I sent it back. Then I looked at the bacon on my husband's burger, it was over cooked and if you picked it up and tapped it on the plate the bacon shattered like glass. We sent his back and then decided not to be bothered staying, we had wasted enough time. Don't waste your time and money.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank funtimefamily12

“Awesome restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We go here everytime we visit Newport and they never dissapoint! The burgers are good and the clam chowder is excellent.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bxtraveler84
Newport, Rhode Island
“I love their chili!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and a beer, Stella Artois, my fave! We split a bowl of chili and I had a lobster quesadilla and he had the chicken popeye sandwich. The chili is soooo good! The sandwiches were delicious. All in all, a good place to eat at a great location in the city.

1 Thank Anita C
Alexandria, Virginia
“Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have now tried all seafood. I had the mako shark for appetizer and the black and white tuna for main meal. All was so good . I loved it all

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT MENU SELECTION & ALWAYS GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

When in Newport, we always make it a point to dine at "The Parrot" and have never been disapointed! The menu is eclectic with many choices and the food is delicious! The atmosphere and location add to the many reasons why this is our "go to" place!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Barbara F

Been to Red Parrot Restaurant? Share your experiences!