“Yum!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brick Alley Pub

Brick Alley Pub
Ranked #7 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Brick Alley Pub we have it all: "pub style" comfort food to modern multicultural cuisine all served with genuine down-home hospitality. Like America itself, Brick Alley is one big melting pot of ethnicities, flavors, and fun. If you are looking for stiff, over the top formal service with small portions of over-priced food, we are not that place. After more than 30 years as one of Rhode Island's most popular restaurants with locals and tourists alike, the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has earned landmark status. Located at 140 Thames Street across from the Brick Market Place in Downtown Newport the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant offers a warm and cozy fireplace in the winter and comfortably air-conditioned dining rooms in the summer. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant specializes in a blend of flavorful steaks, fresh local seafood, pastas, and seasonal specials. Begin your dinner with a selection from our cocktail menu or choose a wine from our extensive wine list. This wine list features over 250 different vintages and has received the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. Open for lunch and dinner, Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant accepts reservations and offers an upstairs function room that can accommodate up to 170 people. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has received favorable reviews from countless local and national publications including: The Providence Journal, Travel-Holiday, Ford Times, Rhode Island Monthly, and Newport Life Magazine. In addition, Jameson Irish Whiskey bestowed the restaurant with their "Best Irish Coffee Award" for three consecutive years and inducted the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant into their Hall of Fame. Brick Alley has also been featured on The Food Network and is a favorite of Boston's Phantom Gourmet.
Rockford, Michigan
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We went here only once during our weekend in Newport, but we wish we had gone again. We went and put our names in for the 45 min wait, went upstairs to the bar and had a seat. I had a glass of sangria - delish - and then a fruit loop martini. I typically don't care for sweeter drinks, but was so curious about this particular cocktail, I couldn't resist. It was amazing!!! Tasted just like a bowl of fruit loops. Our service at the bar was outstanding, so we decided to stay put and just order food from the bartender. We decided to order some appetizers because they sounded delicious, and being on the East Coast, why would you not order all seafood? We ordered the littlenecks, which were absolutely wonderful, then we had the lobster cakes. OMG. Best ever!!! They had lots of lobster in them and were divine. Lastly, we were dying for the calamari. since it too was a local catch. A few bites into this mountain of calamari, we were just stuffing ourselves. Everything we ordered was of generous size, so you didn't feel ripped off at all. If you like seafood, I would absolutely recommend just eating these plates so you aren't filling up on typical fair like potatoes or salad. We could not have been more pleased with the service or the food at Brick Alley.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AnneB1977

“Best Cosmo's ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love the food! Always eat here whenever we are in Newport! Their drinks are great, but the Cosmo's really are the best I've ever had!!!! I would highly recommend you try it. Sometimes we go for lunch, order appetizers and drinks, what could be better?

Visited December 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Food, drinks and staff were incredible- Our waitress Melanie was super friendly and kept the food and drinks coming. She seemed happy to be there. I had the steak tip sandwich loaded with peppers, onions and Jalapeños. My Hubby had the spicy pasta (I can’t remember the name) but it was AMAZING- I wish I had picked it as my meal. Homemade pasta in a very flavorful, very spicy sauce- I wish I had some now :( Martinis were a bit pricy but were very good -and strong! I did not get to try the soup, salad and BREAD!?! bar but wanted to so bad we came back on Sunday but unfortunately they were closed for a week!!! We will be back!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank jennyjack81
Baltimore, USA
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This restaurant presents quite an attractive scene as you peer in the window, and it is comfortable and busy inside. Brightly lit and bustling, you want to dive in. The menu is a bit odd, however. There is just one page of food items a-la-carte. The rest are only offered as a complete meal. If you don't want a salad and bread, etc, too bad. This makes an ordinary selection quite expensive for what you get. I ordered a-la-carte fish and chips and they were scrumptious. I do recommend, but wish they would stop with the menu.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Milford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Food was and is always great. Whenever we come to Newport we have to come here for dinner. This time the food as always was great, but our server was the best we've had yet. Her name was Nicole, and she did an outstanding job. Friendly, personable, and attentive. Everything a server should be!!! Well done.

1 Thank Syv1717