“Good food; bad tea”

Brick Alley Pub
Ranked #7 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Brick Alley Pub we have it all: "pub style" comfort food to modern multicultural cuisine all served with genuine down-home hospitality. Like America itself, Brick Alley is one big melting pot of ethnicities, flavors, and fun. If you are looking for stiff, over the top formal service with small portions of over-priced food, we are not that place. After more than 30 years as one of Rhode Island's most popular restaurants with locals and tourists alike, the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has earned landmark status. Located at 140 Thames Street across from the Brick Market Place in Downtown Newport the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant offers a warm and cozy fireplace in the winter and comfortably air-conditioned dining rooms in the summer. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant specializes in a blend of flavorful steaks, fresh local seafood, pastas, and seasonal specials. Begin your dinner with a selection from our cocktail menu or choose a wine from our extensive wine list. This wine list features over 250 different vintages and has received the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. Open for lunch and dinner, Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant accepts reservations and offers an upstairs function room that can accommodate up to 170 people. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has received favorable reviews from countless local and national publications including: The Providence Journal, Travel-Holiday, Ford Times, Rhode Island Monthly, and Newport Life Magazine. In addition, Jameson Irish Whiskey bestowed the restaurant with their "Best Irish Coffee Award" for three consecutive years and inducted the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant into their Hall of Fame. Brick Alley has also been featured on The Food Network and is a favorite of Boston's Phantom Gourmet.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As I was touring town, locals recommended this place to me. Unfortunately, the small place was jammed for lunch, and I had to sit in the last open space at the bar. (Not my favorite place to be.) Service was friendly and fairly quick. The salad was absolutely terrific, and everyone around me was chowing down in earnest on their own varied lunches, which looked and smelled delicious. Though there were signs mentioning how fabulous their clam chowder was, I thought it tasted very chemical-y. I've certainly had better. I asked for an iced tea (with a warning that I knew Northerners had a difficult time with it for some reason), and was served an icky glass. However, it was removed quickly and I wasn't charged. I was very happy to have gotten a spot where I was, because there was a line of people waiting to get in. That salad hit the spot; glad I came.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

A clean, lively pub with restaurant quality food, fast and attentive service and reasonable prices. The pub is always busy; so, I would recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Good selection of salads, sandwiches, and drinks. Great atmosphere and a pub feel, but we dined with a baby and it was fine. Recommend for lunch!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food, fun atmosphere, extensive menu and plenty of good food. Attentive, yet unobtrusive waitstaff and extremely well stocked bar. A lively atmosphere and just a fun place. A must stop!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great lunch here. My husband had the burger and I had the chicken breast. Both were good with the large salad bar. Service was good and we were seated quickly. We liked lunch so well that we headed back for dinner, which we were really disappointed in. Service was ok and the dinner choices were average. I had the fish which I would not order again. My husband said the lobster bisque was good.

1  Thank Misty K