“Fantastic”

Brick Alley Pub
Ranked #7 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Brick Alley Pub we have it all: "pub style" comfort food to modern multicultural cuisine all served with genuine down-home hospitality. Like America itself, Brick Alley is one big melting pot of ethnicities, flavors, and fun. If you are looking for stiff, over the top formal service with small portions of over-priced food, we are not that place. After more than 30 years as one of Rhode Island's most popular restaurants with locals and tourists alike, the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has earned landmark status. Located at 140 Thames Street across from the Brick Market Place in Downtown Newport the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant offers a warm and cozy fireplace in the winter and comfortably air-conditioned dining rooms in the summer. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant specializes in a blend of flavorful steaks, fresh local seafood, pastas, and seasonal specials. Begin your dinner with a selection from our cocktail menu or choose a wine from our extensive wine list. This wine list features over 250 different vintages and has received the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. Open for lunch and dinner, Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant accepts reservations and offers an upstairs function room that can accommodate up to 170 people. The Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant has received favorable reviews from countless local and national publications including: The Providence Journal, Travel-Holiday, Ford Times, Rhode Island Monthly, and Newport Life Magazine. In addition, Jameson Irish Whiskey bestowed the restaurant with their "Best Irish Coffee Award" for three consecutive years and inducted the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant into their Hall of Fame. Brick Alley has also been featured on The Food Network and is a favorite of Boston's Phantom Gourmet.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Through word of mouth from the locals in Newport, RI, my husband and I visited the Brick Alley Pub and Restaurant while he was there on business. We stayed at Newport Marriott which was only a few minutes walk from the restaurant. We had a small wait (5-10 minutes) at the restaurant, but oh my was it worth it. Our waitress Lydia was TOTALLY AWESOME! Everything that she suggested was fantastic. The fries are too die for. We ordered the Lobster Roll Sandwich with fries and the Seafood Pasta with salad. The portions were huge so we took the left overs back to the room for another meal. My FRIES were so good, I ate them as my meal and didn't touch my Lobster roll. They were the best fries I have EVER had, hands down!!! Now, to tell you how good the food was, we returned for lunch the next day. The only reason we didn't go back for dinner too is that we were meeting another couple at a different location. We are still talking about how good the food was/is.

There are newer reviews for Brick Alley Pub

Reviewed October 10, 2013

In a town full of pubs, a local pointed us in the direction of the Brick Alley. Bustling place, good food, efficient service, fun atmosphere. I did enjoy the fish and chips as the are light and not coated in batter. I would recommend as a consistent good restaurant in a touristy town.

Salad bar looked REALLY good.

And I'm not saying this place isn't worth all the accolades it gets but it isn't that unique, there was nothing that stood out to kick it up to Very Good.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

likes:

Nice pub atmosphere. Great food (chicken wings, salads).
Excellent staff: Our waiter was very nice, friendly and attentive (thanks Max) and the busser girls also.

dislikes:
Nothing. Definitely a recommendation!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This restaurant is about 5 minutes walk from the Marriott. The outside is very attractive and the interior decor, which includes vintage photos and signs, is entertaining and interesting.

I had the lobster roll, which did have a lot of lobster. Although the lobster was not drenched in mayonnaise, it would have been much better if it would have had less mayonnaise. The dish would have tasted much better if it had been spread with butter instead of Mayo.I do realize that this is a matter of taste, but, if you don't like the mayo to overpower the lobster flavor, I suggest that you ask them to hold the mayo from the bun and bring you a pat of butter or whichever spread you prefer. My husband ordered the Reuben sandwich, which was very good. The meat look lean. There was no problem in substituting fries with another side dish, a big plus for us.

The next day we had lunch at Cafe Zelda and wished we had been back at the Brick Alley Pub.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went here today for the first time. Food was great, especially the Mexican meatball soup they only serve on Tuesdays (can't remember the exact name of it). I enjoyed delicious fish tacos and my husband loved his burger. Service was superb. Atmosphere was great. Like a museum of all sorts of cool stuff. Will definitely go back when back in Newport!!

1  Thank sherjoer6