“Update the website menu!!! No specials on social media?!”
Review of Salvation Cafe

Salvation Cafe
Ranked #13 of 249 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Salvation Cafe offers fireside dining in the winter and award winning al fresco dining in the Summer. Voted "Best Restaurant, Newport" by Providence Phoenix 2012 & 2013. Our summertime raw bar menu is available in our outdoor tiki bar. Enjoy a lobster roll & our famous Coconut Mojitos or join us for Sangria & Sunsets after a day at the beach! Parking is available in lot behind restaurant.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

So I love salvation cafe and just had a lovely time there. But. My friend and I scoped out the menu before we came and everything sounded so delicious. We were disappointed that the items we were so excited to try were not available. In fact, the entire menu was different from the one on the website! Luckily for us, the food and service were great despite our initial surprise. But why the delay? The menu is from Nov 2012 and we even checked Facebook for the specials plus I follow on Instagram.......nothing?? I'd like to be excited and know what's available when dining somewhere in the Newport area.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed a lazy Sunday brunch at the Salvation Cafe. They had both brunch and lunch menus available, so we took advantage of that. The most breakfast items came with a mimosa (or other beverage) and the rest of us shared a pitcher of sangria with our BBQ sandwiches.

Over all a nice experience, but the waiter seemed to be learning as he went. He promptly spilt sangria on a friend's khaki pants and then left our water glasses dry for about 1/2 our meal.

So great food, not-so-great service, but I'll probably give them another chance.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Was recently at Salvation, and had the short rib burger. There is something amazing about peppadew ketchup, let me tell you. The staff was attentive, the spicy nuts amazing and the decor has a homey, lived-in feel that was comfortable. If you're in Newport, please don't miss this awesome spot!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Food was good, but nothing special. Interior feels a bit like they were trying really hard with the salvation theme and overshot the mark. Prices were not outrageous- but food was essentially nothing amazing. Gnocchi ragout was good, but could have made it at home better...Husband really liked his app of lobster cassoulet...the pad Thai was super super greasy. And why was there pad Thai on there anyway?
Service was ok, but just that. Would prob not return. Not to owner, I get it, it's salvaged materials, I dig it, but the sign outside is almost completely illegible. I love scrap metal too, but c'mon?

1  Thank doconyc
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ate here based on the recommendation of a Chef friend who typically has the scoop on decent food. The service was lacking and the food nothing special. The Pad Thai was ok. My husband said the ribs were tasty but soggy on the bottom. It's great this place has outdoor seating and their own parking lot however the lack of service just changes the entire experience. Could have been so much better.

1  Thank OnTheHill33