“Very good but not Puerini's”

Jo's American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Jo's American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With a fresh take on American cuisine using the finest ingredients, Jo's serves classy food in a casual setting. We prepare delectable seafood, numerous gluten-free options, and natural meats raised without hormones or antibiotics wherever possible. Prix fixe menu Sunday through Wednesday and half-price bar menu Friday and Sunday evenings.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The four of us enjoyed our meal here. I had the lobster roll which while not on the traditional split-top hot dog bun was loaded with lobster. One of our party had a pasta dish with clams and sausage in a white sauce which he proclaimed as very good. All in all while not a supreme dining experience it was very good.

There are newer reviews for Jo's American Bistro

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wife and I dined there this past weekend...It was amazing I got a chicken dish and wife got a lamb special...This place rocks! The owner had previously had a number of years at 22 Bowen's Wharf...Cannot go wrong here...I will be back often!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This Restaurant was recommended to us by our Bed and Breakfast, the Cliffside Inn. This is one of the best meals that my wife and I have ever had. Our waitress was Tracy and she was outstanding! She also helped make this one of the best restaurant experiences that my wife and I have ever had. We were tired after traveling all day and very hungry. The food was tremendous! The portions were very large so prepare yourself. Tracy and the rest of the staff were great! We most strongly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank TWJaxFlorida
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Took the family there based on other TripAdvisor recommendations. Outstanding meal - had the striped bass, wife had pepper crusted tuna, both excellent and very generous portions. If I lived up here I'd be a regular at this place. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Overpriced, trendy, to be seen and who cares that sthe food and service suffer under this establishments own self importance.

We were treated poorly by the staff upon arrival, as if we smelled badly or something. We are in our early 50's, so this must have meant to hide us in the darkest, hottest corner only to be left for nearly a half an hour before anyone ever came to our table. I understand busy, I understand an off night but when I witness younger groups being serviced long after our seating. I do not begrudge their positive experience but my money will surely not line this establishments pockets in the future, nor will that of our extensive family and friends who frequent our Newport RI vacation home.

3  Thank Joseph S

Been to Jo's American Bistro? Share your experiences!