“Wow! What a pleasant surprise.”

Jo's American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Jo's American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With a fresh take on American cuisine using the finest ingredients, Jo's serves classy food in a casual setting. We prepare delectable seafood, numerous gluten-free options, and natural meats raised without hormones or antibiotics wherever possible. Prix fixe menu Sunday through Wednesday and half-price bar menu Friday and Sunday evenings.
“Wow! What a pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We visited Jo's on our last night of 5 in Newport and discovered we had mad a major blunder. We should have visited earlier! The veal was cooked beautifully and the tuna was done to perfection. The staff were warm and friendly and the prices very reasonable. Jo's is a must if you visit Newport

• Visited June 2014

Farmington, Connecticut
“New in Newport”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Jos American Bistro replaced Purinis on 24 Memorial Boulevard. This new restaurant is an excellent addition to the Newport restaurant scene. We started with the very flavorful fish taco and clams and sausage appetizers and ended with the very satisfying asparagus and shrimp entrée. The high quality food and excellent service ensures that we will be back to try other entrees on this unique Bistro menu.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris F
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Fantastic restaurant in Newport”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Jo's American Bistro by far exceeded our expectations. We were told they had terrific lobster rolls. My husband, however, tried the ravioli and I had the peppercorn crusted tuna. Both were wonderful. Service was attentive and pleasant. Lots of restaurants to choose from in Newport, but Jo's is one that should not be overlooked.

• Visited June 2014
Middletown, Rhode Island
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am a local resident, so I am reluctant to share how much I love Jo's because then everyone will discover how great it is and I will not be able to get in!
That being said, I have eaten at Jo's many times and I have never been disappointed. The food is exceptional, my favorite is the salmon over couscous and feta with small grapefruit sections on top. The flavors are amazing. The seared tuna and fish and chips are also exceptional. In all my visits with friends and family, no one has ever been less than thrilled with their choices.
The service is another area in which these owners shine. They always visit the table to be sure you are satisfied and they are always on premisis.
The decor and bar are also very nicely appointed. Part of the restaurant opens up to the sidewalk. Even the bathrooms are beautiful!
I do suggest, if you are visiting Newport, take a short walk off the main drag, (Thames Street), and up Memorial Blvd. to my very favorite spot, Jo's American!

• Visited May 2014
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dinner in the rain”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This restaurant was so pretty inside. It looked brand new to me. We went there for 6pm but I guess we were the early birds because we were the first in there. My husband ordered the chowder and said it was good. We wanted the calamari but they serve theirs with the tentacles and neither of us are crazy about those so we passed. Our waitress gave us a couple of extra rolls(which were delicious and right out of the oven). I ordered the steak fritte. It was also very yummy but it was not served as hot as it could have been. My husband got the filet and said it was very tasty. We would definitely go back again!

Visited May 2014