“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived right at opening, despite being the first customers it took us almost 2 hours to complete our lunch, the service e was so lousy,,,, soup was bought to us cold, was finally exchanged when the waiter made it back to our table. We were seated outside and the rain was soaking us so we moved our own table,,,, expect much better service and food for a $250 lunch,,,,

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a nice lunch at the Midtown Oyster Bar and they had Smoked Bluefish Pate and it was delicious! I love bluefish and this was wonderful. My husband had a lobster salad and I had a chicken chopper salad, both very good. The restaurant was busy but not crowded which was nice too. This was my second visit. Will head back after the summer crowds are gone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After touring summer cottages we stopped in here for an early dinner. I am so glad we did. I had the most decadent oyster stew and it had 5 oysters in it. The oysters on the 1/2 shell were scrumptious and the scallops were so tender they melted in your mouth. My husband had cod which was so flakey and cooked perfectly. My son had the lobster roll and it was perfect with huge chunks of claw meat. The drinks were great. You must try the mojito!!! It is so good!! The wait staff started out poor but once they got it together they did fine. There is a parking lot close to location. Bathrooms are quite clean and fresh. Location is handicap accessible.

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

It’s a lovely atmosphere, good food, and the service is spectacular if you request Joanne. We came late after kitchen’s closing, starving, and she bent over backwards to get us food and treated us well for hours after her shift closed.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

The food was mediocre. Even though the food is fresh, the food is under-seasoned and half assed. The service was inconsistent and brief. We were forced to send back food several times. Very disappointing. It should honestly be called “low town.”

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Midtown Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!