“Incredible night life”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Locals recommended this place and was definitely the place to be on a Friday night. Staff was friendly and quick service.

There are newer reviews for Midtown Oyster Bar

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Newport for over 25 years and, although we enjoyed Salas', we were excited to try out one of Newport's newest restaurants, Midtown Oyster Bar. The renovation is indeed beautiful. The terrace on the second floor (overlooking Thames St), the deck on the third floor (looking west, out to the harbor and beautiful sunsets) and the roomier seating areas of the second and third floors - all were major improvements over the old. Our waiter, Patrick, was an ambassador for the restaurant. He was prompt and courteous. The menu was not as extensive as I had hoped. We had a large party (10 people) and were seated up on the third floor. There were three other large parties on the floor as well, and the room was able to accommodate all of us comfortably. My chicken dinner was very good, and I would order it again. The prices are commensurate with other quality Newport restaurants. The bar areas on the second and third floor were crowded, even by weekend standards. The second floor bar area was very warm, with little air movement and doors open to the terrace.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

They had the BEST Chinese meatballs I have ever had. If I could have ordered 20 orders of them I would have. They also had delicious cod chowder.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

A great location to eat and drink with water view from multiple levels in this three story piece of Heaven on a Summer day. A raw bar for you Oyster fans but a nice menu for everyone. The place handles groups and events very well. All the bars handled very well. In Newport this location is perfect ! Newport as one knows can be a bear to find parking. Find a lot on Thames Street and drop the vehicle as it is a good walking area.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stopped in for dinner with a group of 8 co-workers. One side of the place was a bar and the other side was a restaurant. Very trendy looking place. We were seated promptly for a weeknight. The bread was very fresh and we were able to dip it in dipping oil. I started with the Strawberry and Apple Arugula salad with pecans. It was very tasty and the portion was a very good size for the price we paid. My entree was the sesame crusted salmon with bok choi. The portion was tiny for the price we paid. However, it was delicious. My co-worker ordered the Grilled Swordfish and thought it was to dry. Another co-worker really liked the Lobster Risotto. The portions for all of our meals were on the smaller side. Overall, the service was very good and restaurant was clean.

1  Thank Melonie S

Been to Midtown Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!