“Great Food and Service”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
long island, ny
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I loved this place. We went on a dreary rainy night and our evening improved from the minute we walked in the door. The staff is wonderful, almost as good as the food.

1 Thank angeldog811

• Korean first
RVC, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We made a reservation here for my husband and I, our 3 year old and 6 month old. Although they did not have any highchairs (the 1 negative) they accomodated my stroller at our table. The food was excellent. We highly recommend

1 Thank michz
New York City, New York
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2007

OK, I admit that I'm a tough audience. I admit, too, that this is the best meal that we've had in Newport albeit we have never eaten at Castle Hill. The service was excellent but I didn't particularly enjoy the German headwaiter staring at my Wife as he seated us. She's beautiful but that kind of "consumption" is inappropriate and classless.

My Wife had a simple salad that was clearly not of the packaged variety; it consisted of really fresh greens and a very nice dressing. I had zuppa di frutti di mare that was delicious.

For our entrees, she had cotoletto di pollo that was delicious and I had carbonare that hardly had any taste and I'm sure that the pasta was packaged.

The restaurant gets a high rating from me mostly because of the atmosphere -- quiet and somewhat elegant. Its modest prices likely result from the fact that the restaurant is at the "lower-rent" end of Thames, after the intersection with Narragansett, where Thames becomes a two-way street.

The restaurant's up-to-date menu is on the web.

2 Thank Bins2
Newport, RI
“Authentic, Top-Notch, Romantic”
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I've dined here many times, and if I could afford it regularly, it would be many more! Having lived for a time in Tuscany, it's hard for me to be impressed with Italian restaurants, but this one is genuinely a gem. The family that runs the place is from Bologna, and the food tastes like real Italy. The cheeses they serve are excellent, as are the wines. Honestly, I've never tried anything on the menu I didn't love. My favorite is the pumpkin ravioli! In addition, the restaurant has a charming romantic atmosphere, at least one table is completely private. Service, likewise, has always been good. Be prepared to spend though.

cape cod
“a great find”
Reviewed June 5, 2007

meeting the family on a cold winter night after driving from Cape Cod....this tiny restaurant with homemade pasta wonderful sauces...excellent service....good deserts ...was a great find

1 Thank alkatcape