“Absolutely delicious”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We made a reservation here for my husband and I, our 3 year old and 6 month old. Although they did not have any highchairs (the 1 negative) they accomodated my stroller at our table. The food was excellent. We highly recommend

1  Thank michz

Reviewed June 30, 2007

OK, I admit that I'm a tough audience. I admit, too, that this is the best meal that we've had in Newport albeit we have never eaten at Castle Hill. The service was excellent but I didn't particularly enjoy the German headwaiter staring at my Wife as he seated us. She's beautiful but that kind of "consumption" is inappropriate and classless.

My Wife had a simple salad that was clearly not of the packaged variety; it consisted of really fresh greens and a very nice dressing. I had zuppa di frutti di mare that was delicious.

For our entrees, she had cotoletto di pollo that was delicious and I had carbonare that hardly had any taste and I'm sure that the pasta was packaged.

The restaurant gets a high rating from me mostly because of the atmosphere -- quiet and somewhat elegant. Its modest prices likely result from the fact that the restaurant is at the "lower-rent" end of Thames, after the intersection with Narragansett, where Thames becomes a two-way street.

The restaurant's up-to-date menu is on the web.

2  Thank Bins2
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I've dined here many times, and if I could afford it regularly, it would be many more! Having lived for a time in Tuscany, it's hard for me to be impressed with Italian restaurants, but this one is genuinely a gem. The family that runs the place is from Bologna, and the food tastes like real Italy. The cheeses they serve are excellent, as are the wines. Honestly, I've never tried anything on the menu I didn't love. My favorite is the pumpkin ravioli! In addition, the restaurant has a charming romantic atmosphere, at least one table is completely private. Service, likewise, has always been good. Be prepared to spend though.

Reviewed June 5, 2007

meeting the family on a cold winter night after driving from Cape Cod....this tiny restaurant with homemade pasta wonderful sauces...excellent service....good deserts ...was a great find

1  Thank alkatcape
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We were absolutely charmed by this restaurant. It is located on the far end of Thames St., on the right side. We were able to park behind the restaurant with no problems. Our table was ready promptly (even though we arrived about 30 min before our 8:30pm reservation). If you do come a bit early, they have a cute little waiting room upstairs.
There are several small rooms, they are decorated in Italian-themed objects, including family photos, musical instruments, kitchen utensils, etc.
Our server was very attentive and friendly. The food came promptly and was delicious. We shared a caprese pesto antipasto. My boyfriend ordered red wine and a side of cooked spinach (delicious!), as well as pasta with clams. I had the special, seafood risotto. The risotto was wonderful -- the portion was good (we spent the day walking and were hungry), the rice was cooked al dente, and the fresh Parmiggiano sprinkled on top was divine. The total bill with tip was about $70.
If you have any specific questions, please e-mail me. I loved the place and would be happy to tell you more about our experience there.

2  Thank giulietta429