“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner and great service at Mamma Luisa.
A little off the beaten path but well worth the walk to the end of Thames Street. Be sure to make a reservation if you are planning to eat here.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is a bit farther down Thames than most of the restaurants, but totally worth the drive/walk. Look past the very dated decor and dive in. Service and food are great!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I read a lot of reviews on Mama Luisa's and decided I wanted to try it while in Newport. We showed up at 7pm on a Saturday and I thought I had made a reservation a few weeks earlier for 7:30 but apparently I'd forgotten. They fit us in thankfully and we had a wonderful dinner. The food and wine was perfect and the wait staff was attentive and helpful. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Last night we (4) went to this wonderful restaurant. We have been before and it didn't disappoint. Our waiter was very attentive, he didn't rush us in any way - he checked on us to make sure we didn't feel he was ignoring us as we were talking and slow to order.

I had Tagliatelle ai Gamberi e Cappesante
Egg Ribbon Pasta sautéed with Shrimps, Scallops, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, fresh Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes and fresh Basil - it was terrific! Pasta cooked perfectly (al dente), shrimps and scallops were cooked just right and were not at all dry - I enjoyed the dish very much. One very nice thing was the portion size was just right - I don't care for super generous helpings that you can't eat. I finished the whole dish and was very happy.

Others in the party enjoyed their meals as well. Two were from Canada and though the food was really wonderful.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Decided to come here for our anniversary aftrr having an enjoyable meal in the past. Big mistake! Waiter was not attentive. Food was average at best. Felt very rushed. Appetizers came before we received our bottle of wine and the entrees immediately after appetizer plates were cleared. In and out in 40 minutes. We were never even asked if we wanted dessert!

1  Thank barb111