“Really good Italian food.”

Mamma Luisa Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 239 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Winchester
“Really good Italian food.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a traditional Italian restaurant - good food and homely. Our waiter was outstanding. He was knowledgable, very helpful and extremely pleasant to deal with. If I didn't live 3500 miles away I'd be a regular.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great atmosphere, so-so food.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I dined here last week for an early dinner midweek. Our waiter was great and we had a good start to the meal with a very nice bottle of wine and the bean soup for an appetizer. My husband had the veal special, after all the rave reviews we expected great. The veal that was served was colorless and tasteless. I was surprised at the presentation or lack thereof. I had two selections of pasta, one was so salty (I love salt) that it was almost inedible, the other was the bolognese which was just okay. We loved the dining space and the atmosphere, but the food would not warrant a return.

• Visited June 2013
Monroe, ct
“Great italian restaurant!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is one of my favorite italian restaurants to go to. Every time I come to Newport, I usually come here for dinner at least one night. I am a fan of their tomato sauce, so any dish you get that has it will be wonderful. Also set on the cobblestone strip in town so it has a great atmosphere. Get there early because there is sometimes a wait for seating!

• Visited August 2012
Newport, Rhode Island
“From a Local, being Treated by out of Town Guests”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Cozy, wonderful food and aromas, professional service, and a sense that you really are in Italy! Very special.

Visited May 2013
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Very nice small Italian restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The restaurant is an old house and there are seatings in various small rooms, including upstairs. The food is authentic Italian, homemade, fresh and DELICIOUS! This was our first visit. The bolognese is their signature dish and after eating it we know why! The veal chop with the porcini mushrooms was well worth it, the most expensive dish on the menu. The tiramisu and cappuccino was a great way to finish off the meal. We will be back! They take reservations and on Monday and Tuesday some of the bottles of wine are half off!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gloria M

Been to Mamma Luisa Restaurant? Share your experiences!