“expected better from all of these reviews”

Mamma Luisa Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We were in Newport this past weekend and I was looking forward to eating here after reading the rave reviews. We made a reservation through our inn, Francis Malbone which I highly recommend. I don't know if it is the owner (balding thin man with ponytail) who we first talked to prior to being seated but he was not welcoming at all. The food was uneventful. The appetizer ,pasta dish and my husbands tuna was not that good at all. The best part was our capuccinos and dessert. Our waitress was nice but not as attentive as the previous restaurants we ate at ,where we rec'vd excellent service. I would not go back. Too many good restaurants in Newport.

3  Thank NewyorkChubby

Reviewed March 6, 2008

Simply lovely. Our server was welcoming and the ambience was warm and intimate. The goat cheese bruschetta was excellent as an appetizer. Their homemade spinach gnocchi was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had, and our veal medallion entree was nothing short of delectable. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Italian cuisine. My only annoyance = extremely limited parking.

2  Thank Zoey1979
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Great authentic Italian food, and even better desserts. Definitely a restaurant to go to with your significant other as the atmosphere is very romantic and homey. I would say this place serves the best Italian food in Newport.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 10, 2008

One of the best Italian Restaurants in Newport

Reviewed December 14, 2007

We went to Mamma Luisa Restaurant based on the reviews at Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. It is small and romantic, parking was limited and they only have parking for three cars directly behind the restaurant, but there is street parking. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was excellent, portions are just right so no doggie bag is needed. There are no refills on soda, each diet coke was $2.50. So $5.00 for my two small glasses of diet coke was the only thing we found troubling. Over all the food and prices were excellent for this type of establishment. We will definitely go back on our next trip to Newport RI.

3  Thank musicgenes

Been to Mamma Luisa Restaurant? Share your experiences!