“Little Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We celebrated a birthday party recently and were excited to have the dinner at this local establishment. Dont get turned away by the credit card information up front. there is another restaurant on the other side of town and people get confused. I was okay witht he credit card info. This restaurant is in a house. The food is amazing. Our party ordered the veal special and the pasta with spinach and the gnocci. The portions are not real large but enough to save room for dessert. The salads were amazing and you can order wide and beer. Please save room for dessert. There are a few good choices but you must try the tiramisu. The only issue I saw was the ladies bathroom was upsatirs using a small staircase. parking could be a challenge. many one way streets in the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had a really good meal here and would heartily recommend it. Real Italian food with a very good wine list to match. The owner who we got chatting to is from Bologna, and was glad we appreciated the real authentic food (forget pizza). The veal was excellent and everything was worth the money, with realistic portions of quality ingredients. This is some of the best Italian food I have had outside Italy, and that is no empty boast. Such a nice atmosphere inside, with the staff motoring elegantly and efficiently about the various rooms, they must be tired after their shifts. The restaurant is out of the busy section of town, so parking is easier! Only the tiramisu was a little disappointing, to my taste, as I thought it needed more Marsala and less chocolate but that's a personal thing. We didn't book so had to wait for half an hour, and I am glad we did. They have a nice waiting room upstairs with a chess set.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I had our 5th anniversary dinner here. The staff was friendly and the food was outstanding. They even have a separate vegetarian section which is the reason we originally chose it. We started with the goat cheese bruschetta which was delicious. My wife had pumpkin ravioli which she loved and I had the penne del pastore which was very good. They also had some very nice desserts.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Cozy place with very good food. Service was ok, waiter had too many tables on two floors, so took long to get food. Great wine list! Food is very fresh and simple. Had simple pasta with shrimp and clams, olive oil and garlic, awesome. Love the atmosphere, converted house.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. Very cute restaurant and the price was what we expected. It was a little warm in the upstairs dining area, but not terrible. The only downside was that the stairs to the 2nd level are very steep and shallow and it was awkward to have to walk up and down them 8.5 months pregnant.

Been to Mamma Luisa Restaurant? Share your experiences!