“Lovely”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bellevue Avenue
Description: At Sardella's, we offer award winning cuisine, experienced staff and versatile event rooms. With 6 different private dining rooms, a warm Tuscan atmosphere creates the perfect setting for groups of 20-200! Sardella's is proudly celebrating thirty years of exquisite service and has been voted Best Rehearsal Dinner Location & Best Italian Dishes by the readers of Newport Life Magazine. Have a look at our dining rooms and feel free to call us for more info. Over 30 years ago former Mayor Richard Sardella first opened Barclay's Restaurant. A three room tavern based establishment with no more than 13 items on its menu. Through the years leading up to now, current owners Richard Sardella and Patrick Fitzgerald have transformed a tavern pub based restaurant into one of Newport's oldest full service Italian restaurants. Sardella's specializes in Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. Many of the recipes on the MENU come from the Sardella and Imbriglio family. Each room at Sardella's offers a unique, romantic country setting. In addition, there is al fresco dining during the summer months. Along with dining Sardella's also offers LIVE JAZZ every Wednesday year round with various professional artist from around the country in our front dining room. Sardella's is a multi - time Newport Life Magazine winner for "Best Italian Restaurant" "Best Rehearsal Dinner Location" and current Rhode Island Magazine winner for "Best Rhode Island Italian Restaurant". A favorite of many locals, celebrities, politicians and tourists, Sardella's has made it staple as one of Rhode Island's premier Italian restaurant. Sardella's also features exclusive private rooms large enough to accommodate over 170 guests for a sit down dinner or over 250 for a cocktail reception. For smaller groups, these private rooms are facilitated with retractable awnings positioned to create more intimate venues. Adorned with fine Tuscan decor, each private room remains uniquely versatile for any occasion.
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant in the heart on Newport. Great Italian food and friendly and professional staff. A must when in Newport.

Sardellas, Director of Sales at Sardella's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Elsabet M,

Thank you for your kind remarks. Enjoy your travels. Hopefully we see you again soon.

John

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Been going to Newport, RI for years and finally dined at Sardella's with family in August 2018. Have to say the food was delicious, portions perfect, service was very good and atmosphere was wonderful. Unkept secret certain days during the week there are special prices for 2 people which was a nice surprise when the check came LOL......

Sardellas, Public Relations Manager at Sardella's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Rhonda P,

Thank you for finding your way to Sardella's. The first step is to get you in the door and the second and most important step is gain a customer for life. Hopefully we were able to accomplish that with you and your guest. Thank you for your review, but thank you even more for giving us a shot.

Greg

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Sardella’s is a tremendous value. They have great options, all with high quality. They offer specials and “family” options that provide great value for your money. I would consider this your top Italian choice in Newport.

Sardellas, Owner at Sardella's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Tim R,

Thank you for your high praise in considering Sardella's your top Italian selection in Newport. With the competitive market that we are in I couldn't have asked for a better review. Thank you.

Richard

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I had the swordfish pasta special which was delicious. My husband had the veal Loretta and loved it - and he is picky about meat. My foodie daughter and my friend both loved the chicken parm. I highly recommend it - also it was walking distance from our hotel. The service was great too.

Sardellas, Manager at Sardella's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Tammysrobbins,

Thank you for writing a review regarding my food. Just a little background on the Veal Loretta. The Veal Loretta is named after our owners mother "Loretta" who use to make it for us when we traveled to Italy (Frosolone Italy) and is a dish that you will only see on our menu. Swordfish is a special that I love to run in the summertime, but is not on the regular menu. If you do pay us a visit again please give us a call and I will make sure to have some on hand fresh for you.

Chef Kevin

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I’m a trip advisor junkie! I follow, find, and try out all the high rated choices. It’s never steered me wrong & yet again great choice!

We made reservations for a party of 7, was seated right away and had several choices of where we’d like to sit. In an area known for seafood & mostly likely what people come for, this was a great alternative.

You won’t be disappointed! I’ve included my Chicken Marsala. Our party all ordered different plates and everybody including the kids were very pleased.

Kelly D,

We take great pride in our reviews and whether they are negative or positive we always try to improve and learn. Luckily you found us and we are even luckier to have found you. We appreciate your feedback and for that great picture of my Marsala.

Kevin ~ Head Chef