“Phenomenal Service”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bellevue Avenue
Description: At Sardella's, we offer award winning cuisine, experienced staff and versatile event rooms. With 6 different private dining rooms, a warm Tuscan atmosphere creates the perfect setting for groups of 20-200! Sardella's is proudly celebrating thirty years of exquisite service and has been voted Best Rehearsal Dinner Location & Best Italian Dishes by the readers of Newport Life Magazine. Have a look at our dining rooms and feel free to call us for more info. Over 30 years ago former Mayor Richard Sardella first opened Barclay's Restaurant. A three room tavern based establishment with no more than 13 items on its menu. Through the years leading up to now, current owners Richard Sardella and Patrick Fitzgerald have transformed a tavern pub based restaurant into one of Newport's oldest full service Italian restaurants. Sardella's specializes in Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. Many of the recipes on the MENU come from the Sardella and Imbriglio family. Each room at Sardella's offers a unique, romantic country setting. In addition, there is al fresco dining during the summer months. Along with dining Sardella's also offers LIVE JAZZ every Wednesday year round with various professional artist from around the country in our front dining room. Sardella's is a multi - time Newport Life Magazine winner for "Best Italian Restaurant" "Best Rehearsal Dinner Location" and current Rhode Island Magazine winner for "Best Rhode Island Italian Restaurant". A favorite of many locals, celebrities, politicians and tourists, Sardella's has made it staple as one of Rhode Island's premier Italian restaurant. Sardella's also features exclusive private rooms large enough to accommodate over 170 guests for a sit down dinner or over 250 for a cocktail reception. For smaller groups, these private rooms are facilitated with retractable awnings positioned to create more intimate venues. Adorned with fine Tuscan decor, each private room remains uniquely versatile for any occasion.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We fell upon Sardella's Restaurant by default, and it ended up in our favor. I originally made arrangements for a surprise birthday party for my husband at another restaurant in town that cancelled on me. My anxiety was sky high as I had sent out numerous invitations and had people coming in from out-of-state for the party. Sardella's was recommended to me as an alternative so I contacted Patrick. He truly could not have been more accomodating or helpful, and he immediately put me at ease. He was very helpful in making recommendations and was willing to work within my budget. He even offered to pick up the birthday cake at the bakery in town if they couldn't deliver it for me! Family and friends at the party commented on how nice everything was. The atmosphere was perfect for a cold January day with the roaring fireplace . The food was delicious and actually came out hot! ( A pet peeve of mine when it doesn't!) Patrick recommended the Tuscan menu for the party which was a unique idea and enjoyed by everyone. Mark was present at the day of the party and was also very helpful. They are two decent guys to work with, and again the atmosphere and food were perfect. Although I'm not planning anymore parties anytime soon, we'll definitely be back for a relaxing dinner!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Brought a group of friends here for dinner - it was awesome! Staff was friendly and attentive, and the drinks and appetizers came out quickly. Main dishes were well received by all - "oh wow" was a common observation. Arangini was especially superb,a nd I loved my lobster ravioli! Everyone left very happy and full. I'd absolutely recommend Sardella's to anyone!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We heard very good things about Sardella's from some friends, so we decided to give it a try. The atmosphere was great! It was very inviting and cozy. The staff was very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. But I have to admit, the best part was the food! We tried a variety of appetizers and entrees, all of which we enjoyed. They also have some of the best pizza I have ever had. Overall we had a great experience!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We went to Sardella's after reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor and at the recommendation of a local Newport friend...who advised the food was OK, but the atmosphere terrific. We would concur. The lovely restaurant has a terrific ambiance - we were seated in the front near a fire place - very cozy. The waitress was very warm and friendly too...even offered to exchange our food if we didn't like what we had WHEN we ordered. The fennel salad was missing almost all the ingredients described on the menu. The Sardella house salad proved to be the better choice - filled with artichokes, tomatoes, onions, peppers with a tasty balsamic dressing. The main courses were OK. The eggplant parmigiana tasted flat - no spice...and the eggplant didn't taste freshly prepared...the linguini was fine under it - and the sauce very plain. It was a very large portion but only 1 of 5 pieces of eggplant had mozzarella cheese on them. The puttanesca sauce was very tasty - but it was oily as was another sauce. We did enjoy dining here because the staff were so nice and the setting really lovely...we just wised the food was as good as the dining atmosphere. The nice option about this restaurant is that they do offer 1/2 size portions of pasta...the main dishes were very large - we noticed most people taking home the other half of the dinners. Our bill for our family came to about $80 with 2 glasses of wine...we thought the restaurant was overpriced given the quality of the food - had the quality been there it would have been fairly priced.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Went with some coworkers for a little Christmas get together and had a wonderful time. We sat on the bar side at a table by the roaring fireplace, definitely put us in the Christmas mood! We were warmly greeted when we arrived, the waitstaff were polite and friendly, everyone was satisfied with their drinks, dinner, dessert, and coffee. Based on this experience, I would love to go back!