“Nice dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pasta Beach
Ranked #47 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Burlington, Vermont
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Pasta Beach was recommended to us so we took a chance. The place was hopping on a Saturday night and there was a wait for tables. In order to not have to wait we opted to eat at the bar which we have done at many restaurants. I must say they have the most uncomfortable bar stools I have ever sat on...thank goodness I enjoyed the meal or it would have been an awful night. But I digress. My partner and I opted to split one of their ginormous salads (nizzarda), which while fresh and very nice, it was served with a tasteless dressing.

Next we ordered the salmon with grilled vegetables which was also served with some greens and more of that tasteless dressing. The salmon was wonderful and cooked just right. The grilled vegetables were amazing and I have to say I will eat eggplant but don't really care for it -- I liked this eggplant! For the greens we asked if they had any balsamic vinegar and they gave us the balsamic and some oil which was way better than their dressing.

If ever in town again and would eat at Pasta Beach again.

• Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
Papillion, Nebraska
“Small place, very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family of 5 (including a 2 year old with our stroller) ate here at about 4:30 in the afternoon on a weekday. It was good we ate early since it's a small place and we would have been pretty cramped if we came at the normal dinner rush. The kids loved the pizza and my pasta and my wife's (huge) sandwich were delicious. Prices were fair. This is a nice little bistro style place and it's always packed. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited July 2014
Lincoln,RI,USA
“quick & quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Panini is delicious. I selected the one with chicken. Very skimpy on the chicken but the focaccia was great.

• Visited August 2014
New York
“No curb appeal but very good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

FOOD:
The mussels appetizer was delicious and served with a warm baguette.
The salad pleasant.
The pizza is good but the sauces a little sweet and lacking veggies on each piece.
The pasta--Very very Good

STAFF: very friendly and helpful.

ATMOSPHERE:
The curb appeal is terrible but I have heard they are moving. Hopefully, the slower pace will allow the kitchen staff to not serve our salads, bread, and main courses all at the same time. When we asked if we could hold off on our entrees (it had literally been 2-3 minutes) our waiter (very pleasant) responded that the kitchen said it would be bad for the food and asked him to place it on our table. Very disappointing as the tables are cheap and you have no room.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Portsmouth
“Excellent pasta!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Yes it's small and can get busy but the food is sooo good. I have eaten here several times and not been disappointed. The lasagne was the best I have had and the arrabiata is amazing. I live on the island and avoid Newport during the summer months but pasta beach can lure me to battle the traffic.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Pasta Beach? Share your experiences!