“Consistently Fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It had been almost two years since I'd dined at Pasta Beach before returning last Saturday. Nothing has changed (and that's a GOOD thing). The same friendly and competent staff is still there serving the best pasta dishes in New England. The pasta is ALWAYS prepared perfectly al dente. The care and execution continues on a daily basis. Thanks for continuing to deliver the finest products at reasonable prices. It's good to be "home" again Pasta Beach!!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Small town feel, warm and cozy atmosphere and absolutely AMAZING food!! The staff were attentive and thoughtful to our large group and everyone was so pleased - THANK YOU!!! Will definitely look forward to going back!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I went to Pasta Beach in Newport, RI with my family. What I saw when i walked inside was a smaller restaurant that was overcrowded. The restaurant had few tables and a counter with multiple stools, they also had outdoor seating but it was raining.We had not made a reservation so we sat at the end of the counter. We were bombarded by waitresses coming in and out of the counter. The hostess had no personality but our waitress was nice. If it wasn't for the food, I would never, ever go back. They were a bit pricey but it was worth it because the portions were huge. I wasn't very hungry so I ordered the prosciutto di Parma with mozzarella and arugula for $14.50. It was absolutely wonderful! The prosciutto was perfect, but I like it sliced thin and this prosciutto was thick and a bit chewy. The mozzarella tasted like it was freshly made. I hade gone to this restaurant before and ordered the pizza Stella for $22.00. I didn't realize how big it was! It was crispy pizza dough with olive oil, spices, tomato, mozzarella ,arugula, and prosciutto. It was very good too. I would recommend going to this restaurant for the food, not the atmosphere or service

2  Thank Kidcritic C
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to Pasta Beach tonight with my niece and nephew. They are both well behaved and are accustomed to eating in restaurants. Since it was Friday night around 6pm and didn't have a reservation, we sat at the bar. The waitress was the disappointment and "trumped" the food which I thought was good. She was more interested in her makeup bag and made us feel unwelcomed. Both kids brought this up to me. Since I was once a waitress, I always leave a 20% tip and wrestled with what I would leave her. I spent $80 so it wasn't as if we asked for the kiddie menu.
Oh one more thing I observed. All the waitresses were complaining about "something". So annoying.

2  Thank nancy w
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We heard about this restaurant from the Inn we were staying at. We wanted Italian food so we booked it for dinner at 5:30. The place was jammed! We thought this was a good sign. We ordered pasta with red meat sauce. It was like American macaroni but could have used more red sauce. The portion was huge, hot, good but lacked some traditional flavoring. Sorta blah! Don't get me wrong, it was good but but could have been a bit more flavorful and saucy to our liking.

Been to Pasta Beach? Share your experiences!