“Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Portsmouth RI
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to Pasta Beach tonight with my niece and nephew. They are both well behaved and are accustomed to eating in restaurants. Since it was Friday night around 6pm and didn't have a reservation, we sat at the bar. The waitress was the disappointment and "trumped" the food which I thought was good. She was more interested in her makeup bag and made us feel unwelcomed. Both kids brought this up to me. Since I was once a waitress, I always leave a 20% tip and wrestled with what I would leave her. I spent $80 so it wasn't as if we asked for the kiddie menu.
Oh one more thing I observed. All the waitresses were complaining about "something". So annoying.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank nancy w

• Hebrew first
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“ok but not a home run”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We heard about this restaurant from the Inn we were staying at. We wanted Italian food so we booked it for dinner at 5:30. The place was jammed! We thought this was a good sign. We ordered pasta with red meat sauce. It was like American macaroni but could have used more red sauce. The portion was huge, hot, good but lacked some traditional flavoring. Sorta blah! Don't get me wrong, it was good but but could have been a bit more flavorful and saucy to our liking.

Visited April 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“A wonderful local spot---Dining in or Out”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are fortunate to live in Newport, RI. It is such a beautiful city with lots to do and fabulous Restaurants. One of our favorities is Pasta Beach. The menu is nice and simple, the wine is delicious and the sauce and pizza are out of this world!!

On our last visit----a week ago, I had a wonderful Shrimp, Pasta Dish with red sauce, shrimp & mushrooms----Divine. The bowl which the pasta was served in was very large, I was certain I would be bringing half of it home-------But it was so incredibly good I finished the entire bowl!! Need I say more------you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great Pasta”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pasta beach is on the regular restaurant rotation for my husband and me. I am picky about my italian since I travel to Italy regularly for work and so can get the real thing.

It is true that service can be spotty, and certain servers are worse than others. To avoid that I tend to sit at the bar if it's just me or me and hubby so it's easier to get their attention. In the summer it can be quite busy.

I usually get either the bolognese or if I'm being really bad, their carbonara is to die for. I also like their pizzas - but only to eat in the restaurant, not for take away. For some reason their pizzas can be very liquidy and that means soggy by the time it gets home. But I do enjoy their pizzas in the restaurant.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank bimbels
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful service despite being half empty! Food 3 out of 5”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our waitress had a friend of her come in and sit at the bar while we were there. Our party of five felt completely ignored, especially since the place was half empty. Had to ask 3 times to place our food order. Had to ask 3 times for another beer. Not going back...

Been to Pasta Beach? Share your experiences!