“A wonderful local spot---Dining in or Out”
Review of Pasta Beach

Pasta Beach
Ranked #47 of 239 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Providence, Rhode Island
“A wonderful local spot---Dining in or Out”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are fortunate to live in Newport, RI. It is such a beautiful city with lots to do and fabulous Restaurants. One of our favorities is Pasta Beach. The menu is nice and simple, the wine is delicious and the sauce and pizza are out of this world!!

On our last visit----a week ago, I had a wonderful Shrimp, Pasta Dish with red sauce, shrimp & mushrooms----Divine. The bowl which the pasta was served in was very large, I was certain I would be bringing half of it home-------But it was so incredibly good I finished the entire bowl!! Need I say more------you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great Pasta”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pasta beach is on the regular restaurant rotation for my husband and me. I am picky about my italian since I travel to Italy regularly for work and so can get the real thing.

It is true that service can be spotty, and certain servers are worse than others. To avoid that I tend to sit at the bar if it's just me or me and hubby so it's easier to get their attention. In the summer it can be quite busy.

I usually get either the bolognese or if I'm being really bad, their carbonara is to die for. I also like their pizzas - but only to eat in the restaurant, not for take away. For some reason their pizzas can be very liquidy and that means soggy by the time it gets home. But I do enjoy their pizzas in the restaurant.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank bimbels
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful service despite being half empty! Food 3 out of 5”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our waitress had a friend of her come in and sit at the bar while we were there. Our party of five felt completely ignored, especially since the place was half empty. Had to ask 3 times to place our food order. Had to ask 3 times for another beer. Not going back...

“Great Food Service is Indifferent”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food here is the real deal Italian, I think chefs are from Sicily and the pasta sauce and pizza are fantastic. As good as the food it, I find it difficult to get my wife to go because the service is so bad. The servers take a "me first attitude" and will get to you if they are in the mood. So if you can put up with bad service to get good food, it is worth the effort.

Visited January 2013
Portsmouth, RI
“great potential....but”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Potential great dining experience but things lacked. Emailed owners with no response. What is their focus? Figure tourists? We,re locals. Not the way to handle the situation.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Pasta Beach? Share your experiences!