“Pulled Pork in Newport” 4 of 5 bubbles

Smoke House
Ranked #38 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City
“Pulled Pork in Newport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I really like this place and make it a point to stop in for the pulled pork sandwich when I'm in Newport. I know .... Why not seafood while in Newport? I do that as well. I Just like this place. Not stuffy or touristy in my opinion. I Grab my sandwich and Makers Mark and watch the tourists. The ribs are nice as well.

• Visited August 2013

Wayland, Michigan
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch while on a girl's mini-vacation. The outdoor atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxed, the service was terrific. The food was AMAZING!! I had the smoked tuna melt and it was out of this world. The tuna mix was pretty much just the tuna, some dill I think, and a smidge of mayo. On Texas toast with melted cheese and a flavorful tomato...fabulous. The housemade cole slaw was also full of flavor and very tasty. My friend got an entree salad with brisket on it, she said it was really good as well. Go there, it's great!!

Visited August 2013
“Awful, dry, fatty ribs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been walking past this restaurant for years and have always wanted to try it. The atmosphere is great - right on the main drag and there are always lots of people and good music. My wife and I went tonight for dinner and the food was absolutely gross. I had the full rack of ribs and it looked like they had been cooked the day before. The ribs were cold, dry, and fatty. I gave up halfway through. The baked beans were also cold. My wife had a salad that was mediocre. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cambridge
“Really good barbecue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Got takeout barbecue(chicken, sausage, brisket, pulled pork and ribs). Took it back to the sailboat and drank wine and watched the sunset. Fabulous. Ordered the platter for 4, $90!, but was an amazing amount of food, including slaw and cornbread. Nice smoky flavor, great sauces. Getting takeout for a boat is perfect.

Visited August 2013
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Delicious!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here with my wife during the summer madness...we weren't disappointed. The wait staff were absolutely helpful and very friendly. The food was very well done and the drinks were out of this world. This was my second visit and I plan on returning, this restaurant is a must.

• Visited July 2013