“Ok for a quick meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Endicott, New York, United States
“Ok for a quick meal”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the Lobster Roll, virtually flavorless. That's what I get for ordering lobster at a Smoke House. Husband had the Pulled Pork Sandwich which was really good!

Would definetely go again for the Pulled Pork!

Visited July 2013

Rhode Island
“Not up to par with sister properties”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice location. Good drinks. Part of the Newport group that owns The Mooring, 22 Bowens and the Boathouse- some of my favorites. Service was slow, I got medium rare when I ordered medium well - my food came back 45 min after my friends were done. Overall disappointing. Have been twice now with same experience. Rather expensive for what you get,

• Visited July 2013
west central Georgia
“gluten-friendly folks and good bbq!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A friend and I went here recently during July 4th week. Even though it was crowded, we found the wait staff to be friendly and attentive. They have a gluten-free menu that my friend needed, and they were helpful with any questions that she had. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and found it to be quite good (and I'm not much of a BBQ fan). Tables are rather close, and we found ourselves talking to a couple at the next table about gluten-free restaurants in the area. As it turns out, the young lady works at Eva Ruth's bakery where we had just gone that morning so that my friend could buy muffins, etc., for her breakfast. All over Newport, we found friendly locals! Back to the BBQ--Smoke House is in a nice location, and the food and service were enjoyable.

• Visited July 2013
Riverside, RI
“outdoor pub”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We always stop at the Smoke House and sit at the bar. The waitstaff is very friendly, and make you feel welcome. A great place to stop for a break from shopping etc, and a good place to people watch. Prices are reasonable, and the food is great.

Visited July 2013
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Great Drinks, Yummy Food & Hot Bartenders!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went with one of my girlfriends recently to Newport for the day (love Newport!) and after a day of touring one of the mansions, walking, shopping etc...we wanted to grab a light bite to eat and a few drinks. The restaurants at the marinas were all packed and we both live in Plymouth, MA so didn't need to have seafood so we opt'd to try the Smoke House.

Let me start by saying that the restaurant had a renovation last/this year and it is really nice now, hardwood floors, gorgeous bar, all wood and "clean".

We grabbed the last two seats at the bar and honestly could not help but stare at the bartenders, the guys were gorgeous, looked like models! Well anyways, the drink list is decent, some southern type cocktails ie; mint julip, spiked lemonade etc...I got a frozen mudslide (delicious) and my friend had one of the signature cocktails and then followed up by a local brew. I was impressed that most of the beers are local brews, good for them to sell local!

As for the food, I looked around and the BBQ looked good but I ended up getting a "farm raised" lean burger and fries. My only issue was I specified WELL DONE and it came out RARE but honestly I was so hungry I ate all of it except the few bites in the center. My friend got a Pulled Pork sandwich and she enjoyed it. The fries were DELICIOUS. Also, they service a few times of homemade bbq sauce, all delicious especially the gold one, oh and the sweet one.

I would definitely suggest this place to anyone that wants a non-seafood meal in Newport. Fun, nice atmospher.

• Visited June 2013