“Belgium and Germany in Newport!”
Review of Norey's

Norey's
Ranked #109 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Norey's offers its patrons an Eclectic Modern American Bistro Atmosphere. Chef Tyler Cullen prepares an Eclectic, Modern American menu with meals influenced by flavors across the globe. House Smoked Chicken Wings, The Norey's Famous Burger, Raw Bar Delights, And homemade hummus with warm ciabatta toast to his famous crock of sizzling Lobster Mac N' Cheese or Homemade Pasta Bolognese (Seasonal Menu always changing). there is something for everyone. We pour the world's most sought after Craft Beer and have an amazing Wine list! The food is so obviously made with love...Nothing else like it in Newport.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is great! So many draft beers and beer by the bottle. A nostalgic Belgian or German immigrant would immediately have a smile on his face. For beer lovers, Norey’s is a heaven (it’s is similar, if not better, to the Public House in Brookline, MA, where I am a regular client).

The chef of Norey’s is a very friendly guy. He gave us a couple of samples and shared his vast knowledge of beer. Influenced by previous reviews, we were curious to try the boneless ribs. They were fabulous and very good to pair with our brew.

12  Thank Greg M

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Norey’s Restaurant is an exceptional dining experience. I dine there with friends on a regular basis. The atmosphere is upscale yet relaxed. The wine and beer sommeliers are very knowledgeable – it’s always a pleasure to talk about beer and wine with Scott and Chuck.

Chef Tyler’s cuisine is exceptional. The Asian lettuce wrap is deeeelicious! And, the boneless ribs are nothing less than “addictive”. Everything is home-made; and, several different specials are offered on a daily basis. One of the signature dishes is hummus, which comes with buttered grilled bread. The flavor of hummus changes every day!

The icing on the cake at Norey’s is the abundant choice of beer. My friends and I are aficionados of Belgian beer. With its selection of Trappist beer, Norey’s would make happy the pickiest fans of that brew. Any German tourist would feel right at home after seeing the beer list.

My friends and I will definitely continue to be loyal customers of Norey’s!

12  Thank Steven A
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a fine restaurant with a limited menu, but in all honesty I am bias because I love craft beers and this place has one of the best selections in the state.

A group of four of us went here on a Saturday night and I hesitantly made reservations as I thought "winter in Newport is a slow time of year" but I am glad I made them as it was crowded.

We were seated promptly and our waitress, Bubbles (I kid you not), greeted us. As you will read the rest of my review which indicates this is a good eatery, the only downfall I must point out at this point is that when greeted by Bubbles, four sets of utensils were placed in the middle of the table. Something like "Here ya go" type of attitude.

Anywho, the choice of beers, from draft to bottle, was top notch. If you cannot find something to your liking in the beer department, there is also a extended wine list as well.

Bubbles was good at checking in on us but not being pushy, giving us time to sip and chat.

My girlfriend got the pasta and Bolognese sauce which she thought was very good. This should be on the "excellent" scale for most people as she is quite particular about her food. I got the lemon chicken which was quite good as well. It came with Julienne style veggies that were cooked perfectly. They may have been steamed as they were not super soft which can happen when boiling them.

The atmosphere is quite nice but casual. There is accent lighting and not overall general bright lighting. The bar is more of place to eat at than a typical bar. There is also a copper column with water running down it when you walk in. Overall, it is not stuffy and very comfortable.

The total for us was $120 with tip.

12  Thank rayjay12002
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stopped by for apps, a wine and dessert. Had the lobster bisque, which was out of this world. The buffalo ribs were great (but I really like the asian ribs better) and a lovely blueberry cheesecake. This restaurant makes my most favorite sald in all the world (& I have traveled a great deal of it!) called the Boston Salad - the dressing is to die for.... this chef could make a mint if he bottled the stuff. A great place to eat - always consistent.

13  Thank MaddyLibby
Noreys, Front Office Manager at Norey's, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We are so happy you came in for dinner! And thank you for taking the time to write up a review as it is always helpful. Truly, it means a great deal to hear others share their love for the Norey's grub. As I'm sure you know, Chef makes 99% of all dressings, sauces and dishes from scratch. I want to bottle the salsa! And Norey bakes every sweet creation herself. Although, Chef just started making ice cream, too. It's amazing. Make sure to tell us when you're coming back for more. And again, thank you from Norey's!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I thought I was a beer snob...until I wandered into Norey's. I was meeting friends for their music night and discovered that Norey's had all the beers I'd been wanting to try...ON TAP! If you like serious craft beer like Ayinger, Firestone Walker and Stone, you're going to love this place. They've got 14 taps and something like 160 types of bottled beer. NOW...after Norey's has spoiled me...I'm a true beer snob.

The food is pretty damn good too. The Thai Curry I had was just perfect, with the kind of flavor I've been hunting around for years.

10  Thank TristanPinnock