“Consistently good”

Ranked #116 of 239 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Norey's offers its patrons an Eclectic Modern American Bistro Atmosphere. Chef Tyler Cullen prepares an Eclectic, Modern American menu with meals influenced by flavors across the globe. House Smoked Chicken Wings, The Norey's Famous Burger, Raw Bar Delights, And homemade hummus with warm ciabatta toast to his famous crock of sizzling Lobster Mac N' Cheese or Homemade Pasta Bolognese (Seasonal Menu always changing). there is something for everyone. We pour the world's most sought after Craft Beer and have an amazing Wine list! The food is so obviously made with love...Nothing else like it in Newport.
Newport, Rhode Island
“Consistently good”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Norey's is another of our go-to places on Broadway. Food is consistently good, and they have a great selection of beers on tap. And the desserts (especially the cakes, homemade by Norey herself) are excellent.

(I would also advise taking the negative reviews with a grain of salt- they seem be mostly from people having a fit because they have to take their hats off. (something that IS prominently displayed right by the door.))

Visited September 2012
10 Thank Alexis M

London, United Kingdom
“Great service, strong beer, ok food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped by notey's after a recommendation from the Storm brewery tour. The beer selection is excellent, with 15 or sonom draft. However when we went there was an emphasis on very strong beers 6-7% and over. That was ok and the ones we tried were good. The service was excellent.

The only thing that let it down was the food. Not a big menu and not what we were lookin for.

11 Thank genghlislive
Fall River
“Always great”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Haven't been in over a year but its alwayz great. Burger, fries, coke. Great service, chef came out and spoke with me. One of newports best!

10 Thank Foodie7419
“Excellent food, cozy restaurant”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If we hadn't been referred here we probably wouldn't have found this great little restaurant. It's on Broadway but a little bit away from the main downtown center. It was apparently a former breakfast restaurant and recently reopened as a dinner place. Very cozy clean atmosphere. Very friendly attentive staff. Young hardworking owner/chef. The food was fantastic! We had great fresh oysters, sea bass and the most unbelievable lobster mac&cheese. Would highly recommend it and look forward to returning some day.

Visited September 2012
11 Thank amy29amy
Concord, New Hampshire
“Unless you like terrible service, don't bother”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Unfortunately I will not be able to review Norrey's food as I wasn't able to actually order anything! My husband and I were on one of our many quick trips through Newport and decided to try this place. We walked in, the bar was empty. We sat down and were eventually greeted by a less than enthusiastic bartender. We ordered a craft beer each (which is what drew my husband there in the first place having read about them) but before we could even touch them we were approached about my husband removing his hat. Apparently they have a "dress code" and there should have been someone at the door to tell us that. Aside from the hat we were both dressed more than appropriately for any restaurant in Newport. I should note that my husband recently had surgery and really did not want to remove his hat. He left without touching his beer and I stupidly threw $20 on the bar. I only made it 5 steps when I decided I should not have to pay as the bartender should have told us about the "hat policy" BEFORE serving us. Long story short the owner actually came out and argued with me and refused to reimburse me. I decided he must have needed that $20 more than I did. Based on all of these reviews I can only hope he gets his due. Does not deserve to be in business.

Visited August 2012