“Unique restaurant with great flavors”
Review of Norey's

Norey's
Ranked #124 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Norey's offers its patrons an Eclectic Modern American Bistro Atmosphere. Chef Tyler Cullen prepares an Eclectic, Modern American menu with meals influenced by flavors across the globe. House Smoked Chicken Wings, The Norey's Famous Burger, Raw Bar Delights, And homemade hummus with warm ciabatta toast to his famous crock of sizzling Lobster Mac N' Cheese or Homemade Pasta Bolognese (Seasonal Menu always changing). there is something for everyone. We pour the world's most sought after Craft Beer and have an amazing Wine list! The food is so obviously made with love...Nothing else like it in Newport.
Newport, Rhode Island
“Unique restaurant with great flavors”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stopped by recently with some friends to try a new place out. Located right off Broadway, Norey's is a quirky, yet classy little restaurant. Service was average, but the food was the star of the night. I got soft shell crabs, which were pretty good - the turnip or beats on the side were super tasty! My friend got the pesto pasta, which was also very good and the portion size was huge! The only thing I'd recommend for this place is to stock a few domestic beers. They focus on their micro brew selection, but not everyone wants to try a new beer...stock a few Budweisers or Heinekens. Anyway, this place is still worth trying!

• Visited June 2012
10 Thank J P

Chicago
“Lost love, terrible service”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have ben going to Noreys for several years on my frequent Newport trips. I have been twice in the last month and am blown away by how poor the service has become. The waiter at the bar had to be hailed everytime i wanted something and he failed to give me a menu after i caught his attention in order to get a drink. I do love the food and especialy the beer here but the service mught dissuade me from returning. Great shame.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank TaraTate
Hamilton
“The BEST lobster mac & cheese...”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We visited Newport and our son recommended we stop at Norey's for a beer. Well, the craft beer selection was awesome. We ordered dinner next and had the best tasting lobster mac & cheese EVER!!! Our waitress informed the chef and he stopped by our table to greet us. The waitress was very helpful with beer pairing for the lobster dish, too.
We will be back on our next visit to Newport.

• Visited January 2012
9 Thank lobster60
“Pricey and slow”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

What can I say, we live in town and eat out weekly and have skipped this locale for about a year, stopped in Friday night and were reminded why. Waited 40 minutes for our salads, beef carpaccio was bland and unexciting, pad Thai was far from authentic , best part of the meal was the lobster Mac & cheese and the soft shell crab, though 2 is not a meal for an adult. The coconut cake was good, but the icebox cake- with commercially made lady fingers and chocolate pudding would make Martha Steward shudder.

1 Thank FerrariWidow
“TERRIBLE service”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I got the noreys salad and the special soft shell crabs. The noreys salad was excellent and the crabs were decent. However, it took us nearly an hour to get our first course. People who arrived after us got their food before use and the waitstaff was completely clueless.

2 Thank Omahern