“Execellant as usual !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Place At Yesterday's - CLOSED

Place At Yesterday's
Cuisines: American, Soups, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portsmouth, NH
“Execellant as usual !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have worked in the Newport area and visited off and on over the last 10 years. I recently visited Yesterday's this past month and found the usual very nice blend of tastes and choices. I had a delicious sweet potato bisque very surprising for me and a grilled veggie pizza very good as well.
Locals have commented somewhat all too familiar and may need some updating on the Menu. I found it warm and familiar and comfortable to re-visit after several year. I find the choices wide and many delicious and healthy choices to be had. What the had for new fair was celebrating Thai for the month of March as much as a dozen choices on this featured Menu which gives you new choices, all very interesting although I did not sample from this Menu. What I do know is I will be re-visiting very soon and look forward to dining here again!

• Visited March 2013

albie02
“we went to yesterday's yesterday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

we traveled for the day to newport for the day with an early seafood dinner before we headed home. We had eaten there before and enoyed it. This time was even better. The service is great.
The menu boasts traditional fare as well as selection menu items such as the scallop, pear and ginger dish that I was so tempted to try. We both had scallops, he fried, myself broiled baked. Mine came with an amazing trio of different vegetables and rice. I can't say enough about the service the menu selection, right down to the desert which was a trio of pumpkin, chocolate, and apple creme' brulee! Great beer selection. Coffee excellent also. Give this place a try! I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Illinois City, Illinois
“Warm Pub Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stopped for lunch on a Saturday after "high season". This place has a great menu with a well stocked bar. Lots of choices for beer. The food was excellent, the booths were good sized and no one was in a hurry to leave. The waitress, although not overly attentive, did her job with good humor. The setting is in lovely downtown Newport close to shopping. I can see why people love Newport!

• Visited November 2012
RI
“Very good yesterday, today and again tomorrow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love Yesterdays and whenever in Newport, which is about every two weeks, we will go there most of the time. Right in the center of town, and across the street from the Jane Pickens Movie theatre, it's great for a reasonably priced meal and if you like draught beer well they have more than enough to satisfy any beer lover with about 20 or more beers on draught. I always start out with their clam chowder since I think it's better than the Black Pearl's or the Moorings and love their huge salads or their specials.
We recently enjoyed their Octoberfest weinerschnitzel special and other specials that they seem to have throughout the year. When I first visited Yesterdays, there was a separate restaurant (different menu - same kitchen) within the bldg called "The Place" which served to a higher priced clientele but with hard times that area now is closed but the food at the old Yesterdays does not disappoint. We'll be back again.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always good. Been here several times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Near the center of Newport. Varied good quality menu. I always enjoy a dinner salad of some type, but the rest of the family always gets something more that looks great and they say it is good. Large dining area and bar. Old fashioned decor. No complaints. One of my Newport faves!

Visited January 2012